ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Status - December 2008 Applicant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:30 am

Hey Gulraj,

Thanx for the links.

Cheers

nitininnani
Newly Registered

Dependent VISA Application form queries

Post by nitininnani » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:50 pm

Hello to all of you there.

I am currently in UK on Tier1 visa and I wish to apply for dependent VISA for my wife and son from Pune, India.
I was just going thorough the application form. It looks simpler except few fields which are not so clear to me.
I would appreciate if someone who has already filled this form, takes out some time and help me with my queries
below

1. Do I need to submit the evidence of my employment here? Is it HR letter? (Q 7.14 from application form)
2. What is the main applicant’s Certificate of Sponsorship number?(Q 7.15 from application form)
3. Also, is that Bank Statements should not be older than 1 week from the date of application as is the case of Tier 1 main application?
4. Does anyone have sponsorship letter format?

Can someone post the list of all the relevant documents as well?

Thanks all.

helloindia
Newly Registered

Post by helloindia » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:12 pm

Hi Folks,

I was going through this forum in the morning and was about to ask how much is the waiting time for dependant application but at the same time, checked the status on the vfs tracking site and was delighted to see that the passport is ready for collection......... wife collected the passport with visa stamp.......... wow !!

Applied on: 21/1/09
Applied from: VFS, Delhi
Passport received: Today (30/1/09)
Time taken: 6 working days

all the best to everyone who is waiting

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi friend,

Congrats to you on getting your wife's visa so soon.
You are definitely one of those lucky ones and i m certainly one of those unlucky ones. For me its more than 6 weeks n still waiting.

Could you please tell me what documents ur wife has submitted?

Thanks in advance
Vinny
helloindia wrote:Hi Folks,

I was going through this forum in the morning and was about to ask how much is the waiting time for dependant application but at the same time, checked the status on the vfs tracking site and was delighted to see that the passport is ready for collection......... wife collected the passport with visa stamp.......... wow !!

Applied on: 21/1/09
Applied from: VFS, Delhi
Passport received: Today (30/1/09)
Time taken: 6 working days

all the best to everyone who is waiting

gulrajsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gulrajsingh » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:38 pm

6 working days????? please please let us know ;

1)what documents have you submitted?
2)are you newly married??( just what to guess if they verify marriage certificates of newly weds and if thats taking time)
3) have you called BHC??

I applied 15 days after i was married. what about other people?

thanks
gulraj

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:59 am

Hi Guys,

Got a reply from BHC saying a decision has been made on my application and my passport will be despatched in 2-3 working days.

Im really worried. Does this mean i've got it or is my visa rejected.

Im really worried. My whole life depends on this visa.
I have made 2many plans for my future. I dont know wat i'd do if my visa is rejected.

Pls pray for me.

Cheers

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:53 am

hey moonfog,

relax, u'll get ur wife's visa. As they have said that it will take 2-3 days, it means that the passport has gone for the approval, do let us know once u get it.

All the best.
moonfog wrote:Hi Guys,

Got a reply from BHC saying a decision has been made on my application and my passport will be despatched in 2-3 working days.

Im really worried. Does this mean i've got it or is my visa rejected.

Im really worried. My whole life depends on this visa.
I have made 2many plans for my future. I dont know wat i'd do if my visa is rejected.

Pls pray for me.

Cheers

gulrajsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gulrajsingh » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:49 am

moonfog,

our r lucky, atleat you got your reply even your have applied later than me. however, don't worry u will get your visa.

here's the reply i got from BHC:

Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you for your email. Kindly note, due to unexpected rise in the number of applications the waiting period has been extended. Your application is in the queue.
Am afraid, I cannot give you any more welcome reply.
Regards
Casework Unit
Visa Department
British High Commission

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:18 pm

BHC usually send such replies in order to stop enquiring them.
This is becoming unbearable now. I am in the 7th week. Can't even express how is my situation. I have sent few additional documents today.

federer
Newly Registered

TIER1 dependent visa

Post by federer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

Can anyone please lte me the set of documents which i need to submit for dependent visa under tier1/hsmp. I am working as a contrator and I dont have access to offer letter so is there any alternatives for that.

Thanks in advance.

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:26 am

Hi,
My wife received lil bit different looking reply, but end of it is without result.
Its 33rd working day since she applied.

-----------
Thank You for your email . I would also like to take this opportunity to apologies for the delay in assessing this matter however as you would appreciate we are required to carry out all of the necessary queries before making a decision.So please bear with us and we will put our efforts to speed-up the matter.
I am sorry I cannot give you a more welcome response.

Regards,
Casework Unit
UK Border Agency

rimjhimjain
Newly Registered

Delay in Tier 1(General) dependent visa

Post by rimjhimjain » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:37 pm

Same status for my husband as well who applied for Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa at VFS Delhi on 8th jan 2009. At the time of application VFS told that it takes 4-5 working days. They did mention that if secondary checks are done by BHC then application may take up to 15 working days.

18 working days over.... no update on website except the usual message:
'Your application has been forwarded to British High Commission'

Tried to contact BHC Delhi via mail but got the following mail reply after 4 days:

Dear Sir ,

Thank You for your email .

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologies for the delay in assessing this matter however as you would appreciate we are required to carry out all of the necessary queries before making a decision.
So please bear with us and we will put our efforts to speed-up the matter.

Regards,
Casework Unit
UK Border Agency

Is there any other way to find out the progress of the application. I called many times to BHC, and everytime I get different responce. Listing a few as follows:
1. Your application is in progress and its under verification by an officer. We can not give any other information due to security reasons.
2. Your application may be pending in a Queue. We have backlog of application pending from Nov 2008 so your application might take 3 months or more. We can not give any other information as we do not have any further update in our system.
3. Your application is with an officer and you may get a reply in 10 more working days.
4. We can not provide any information other than what is displayed on the system which says that we have received your application on 8th Jan 09. Please enquire only once in a week.

This is very disappointing because they have been providing different answers every time we called and there is no clarity on the progress on the application.

Can anyone help me in this matter??

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:12 pm

I also have been calling BHC almost everyday n each time i get a different response. Today i got anoter comment from one of them saying that all tier 1 applications including the dependant ones are taking 60 working days. bloody bull shit.

gulrajsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gulrajsingh » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:03 pm

According to BHC service levels never dropped below 30 working days in Dec2008 of any kind of visa in India:

click your city where you applied and look for type of visa you applied;

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... scustomers

let me know if my interpretation of data is wrong.

gulraj

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi gulraj

In reality they behave diferently. Although the guide say that they finish processing of all the applications within 30 days but thats not true. I applied on 18th dec. and so far its been 28 working days. Stil they told me that my application is queued up. Also, I have seen many ppl getting their dependant visa in 4 working days. it looks like the applications which they put on hold, usually takes long long time. Dont know when will i get it.

Thanks
Vinny
gulrajsingh wrote:According to BHC service levels never dropped below 30 working days in Dec2008 of any kind of visa in India:

gulraj

Code: Select all

c

tier1from_uk

Re: Delay in Tier 1(General) dependent visa

Post by tier1from_uk » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:24 pm

Hi,

I can understand your frustration but unfortunately nothing can be done here. I am calling BHC daily from UK n every time, they keep telling me similar things which u hv mentioned. Last week i was told that my wife's application is under verification and has entered the last stage of the verification process n today I was told that the application is still queued to b picked up. When I applied for my tier-1 visa from UK, the UK staff members were helpful n they never gave such ill-logical replies but BHC Delhi staff members frustrates the applicants.

rimjhimjain wrote:Same status for my husband as well who applied for Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa at VFS Delhi on 8th jan 2009. At the time of application VFS told that it takes 4-5 working days. They did mention that if secondary checks are done by BHC then application may take up to 15 working days.

18 working days over.... no update on website except the usual message:
'Your application has been forwarded to British High Commission'

Tried to contact BHC Delhi via mail but got the following mail reply after 4 days:

Dear Sir ,

Thank You for your email .

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologies for the delay in assessing this matter however as you would appreciate we are required to carry out all of the necessary queries before making a decision.
So please bear with us and we will put our efforts to speed-up the matter.

Regards,
Casework Unit
UK Border Agency

Is there any other way to find out the progress of the application. I called many times to BHC, and everytime I get different responce. Listing a few as follows:
1. Your application is in progress and its under verification by an officer. We can not give any other information due to security reasons.
2. Your application may be pending in a Queue. We have backlog of application pending from Nov 2008 so your application might take 3 months or more. We can not give any other information as we do not have any further update in our system.
3. Your application is with an officer and you may get a reply in 10 more working days.
4. We can not provide any information other than what is displayed on the system which says that we have received your application on 8th Jan 09. Please enquire only once in a week.

This is very disappointing because they have been providing different answers every time we called and there is no clarity on the progress on the application.

Can anyone help me in this matter??

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi Guys,

Got my Dependant Visa today.

Applied :19/01/09 VFS Bangalore
Received Documents:04/02/09

Stamped same as my husband until 24/11/11

All the best to all those waiting.

Cheers

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Congrats moonfog. You got it in good time.
I think only Delhi BHC is delaying exceptionally in the case of Dependant applications.

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:01 pm

Hi Gulraj,
Thanks for the info man.
But, I dont know from where BHC gathers these data..this is purely bullshit and they only maintaining the standard while taking the visa fees, creating a damn useless status checking website and shutting the door to the helpless, frustrated & worrying applicants behind.
I m sorry if I sound too harsh, but I can't stop myself.
gulrajsingh wrote:According to BHC service levels never dropped below 30 working days in Dec2008 of any kind of visa in India:

gulraj

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:26 pm

hey, have u guys provided a sposor letter which states that u will b taking the responsibility to support and accommodate your dependant. I came to know that this sponsorship letter is important and failure to do this could refuse the dependant application. I havent submitted it. What about others ????

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:03 am

finally i got a confirmation from BHC staff members today that dependant applications never takes that long n they asked me if my wife has ever been refused visa to any country. I told them that this is the first time she has applied for a visa. They then said that usually the dependant application takes long when the officer has certain doubt about the applicant else more than 90% of the dependant applications gets processed in less than 15 days.

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:13 am

its been 31 working days for me till now n still waiting :evil:

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:51 pm

At last the good news came today :o :) :D
Dependant Visa for my wife & child has been approved. Thanks all to members of this forum.
Best wishes for those worrying mates. :roll:

Here is the time line:

Applied on : 11th December 2008, Tier-1 Dependant Category
Applied from : VFS Kolkata
Approval Date : 5th February 2009
Passport Collected : 9th February, personally from VFS office (since we have not opted for Courier delivery.)

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:38 pm

many congrats to ranjan......... hope my wait time gets over soon........... 32 working days n still counting............ :cry:

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:16 pm

Anything this week mate ???
tier1from_uk wrote:many congrats to ranjan......... hope my wait time gets over soon........... 32 working days n still counting............ :cry: