ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance requirement - Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

satish.pand

Maintenance requirement - Tier 1

Post by satish.pand » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:23 pm

I am currently in U.K in HSMP for more than 12 months and would be applying for my Tier -1 extension with two dependents. So my maintenance requirement would be £ 1,866(800+533*2). Please correct if my understanding is correct.

abhijack

Re: Maintenance requirement - Tier 1

Post by abhijack » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:43 pm

satish.pand wrote:I am currently in U.K in HSMP for more than 12 months and would be applying for my Tier -1 extension with two dependents. So my maintenance requirement would be £ 1,866(800+533*2). Please correct if my understanding is correct.
you are perfectly right..

engrmbk
Newly Registered

Post by engrmbk » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:11 pm

Satish, I am in the same situation like you and confused. I am planning to apply for extension next week.
To explain in a better way I have copied section below from my completed PBS dependent application form (Page no.25):

Section 4 - Main Applicant details
H1. Is the dependant submitting their application with the main applicant’s application?
Yes

H2. Has the main applicant received notification that their application for leave to remain under the Points Based System has been successful?
No

H3. Under which category of the Points Based System has the main applicant applied?
Tier 1 (General)
- go to question H4

H4. Has the main applicant applied to have his/her application assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document?
No

H5. Is the main applicant making an application as:

An extension of his/her existing leave
- go to Section K

By filling this section as above, I skip section J which is about dependent maintenance fund requirement. That means I have to show only £800 maintenance fund. Guys if you think I am making any mistake then please let me know. (I applied for HSMP in February 2007 and my current leave expires next month)
Many thanks

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:04 pm

I think you are making a mistake.

After this option

H4. Has the main applicant applied to have his/her application assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document?
No

"Now go to question J1" - So you need to fill in J1.(H5 is only for Tier2)

engrmbk
Newly Registered

Post by engrmbk » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:07 pm

satish.pand wrote:I think you are making a mistake.

After this option

No

"Now go to question J1" - So you need to fill in J1.(H5 is only for Tier2)
Thanks a lot I think you are right, but I dont understand the purpose of asking question H4. Anyway one more question what do you say about J4. I dont think we should fill this but there is no mension that we should move to section K after completing question J3.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:40 pm

engrmbk Wrote
Thanks a lot I think you are right, but I dont understand the purpose of asking question H4. Anyway one more question what do you say about J4. I dont think we should fill this but there is no mension that we should move to section K after completing question J3.
There are many anomalies in both T1(G) and Dependants Application form.

I think you need to answer Question H5 as well.
If you have filled answer to H4 as YES, then you need to go to Question J1
But if you answered H4 as NO, then continue to answer H5
And also, carry on to answer on J. Maintenance.

engrmbk
Newly Registered

Post by engrmbk » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:59 pm

nnj10 wrote:engrmbk Wrote
There are many anomalies in both T1(G) and Dependants Application form.

I think you need to answer Question H5 as well.
If you have filled answer to H4 as YES, then you need to go to Question J1
But if you answered H4 as NO, then continue to answer H5
And also, carry on to answer on J. Maintenance.
NNJ you are right, to be on safe side I'll fill H5 as well and shall write a short note on application form about this confusion...........It is very hard to get hold of someone in UKBA office, 0870 606 7766 number is always busy. Thanks for your reply.

falcrum
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) dependent question clarification

Post by falcrum » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:33 am

I have porbably mixed up understanding this. Let me tell you what I have done.

I have answered
Question H1=Yes
Question H2=No
Question H3=Tier 1 (General)
Question H4=No
Question H5=An extension of his/her existing leave - go to section K

Go to section J. Maintenance
J1= 12 months and over.

I have ignored sections J2, J3 & J4 (as I understand that this is form T2/T5 applicants) ( I am applying under Tier 1 - General category) and proceed to section K and carry on.

Highly appreciated if this to be seconded by experts here...
Last edited by falcrum on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

falcrum
Newly Registered

Post by falcrum » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:40 am

made double entry did not know how to delete duplicate, so had to fill up this space...