ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December 08 timelines - post here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

R053992

visa stamped

Post by R053992 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:22 pm

Finally the wait is over for me, with a positive outcome, on my second try!

Applied date/place : 08-dec-08/Mumbai
Approved : 22-jan-09.

Thanks to everybody and I will continue to contribute to this forum.

Cheers
Sid

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi Raghu, ur visa took just 19 days in all. Could you share your experience and background and why do you think ur visa was processed in such a short time? I am in a condition where I need to get the visa withing a month and get back to UK to continue my current job. Ur experience could really help me. Many thanks in advance.
raghu0307 wrote:Hi all,

My VISA has been approved... yeah!!... Thanks to everyone in the forum

Thanks to Kundalak especially.. Thanks buddy.. you relieved me so much of my tension.. Thanks everyone

My timelines here:

Applied on: 29/12/2008

from VFS Pune

VISA stamped from

16/03/2009 to 16/03/2012

Recieved documents on 16/01/2009

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:23 am

I dont have any idea why my visa was processed in a short time. The only possible answer I could think of would be that the application was pretty straightforward. For ur convinience I am giving below the details of the docs I enclosed with my application and the points scored if that helps you.

I am an IT guy. Total points scored 95+10+10
docs: passport original

Qualification: masters degree 35 points
Docs original degree certificate

Prev Earnings: 45 points
Docs: 1) 12 month salary slips signed and stamped from employer, 2) corresponding bank statements showing salary credited to account, 3) letter from employer showing for every month net and gross salary, date paid and mode of payment

Uk experience: 5 points
docs: original letter from university

English langauge: 10 points
docs: original degree certificate earned in UK

Maintenance of funds: £4400( for me and wife) 10 points
docs: 3 month bank statement, letter from bank, noc from wife since joint account( not required though)

apart from this I gave them Point based summary priontout, marriage certificate.

please dont clutter your application with all sorts of mumbo jumbo like notarised copy of passport, accomodation proof etc. which u will find in abundance in this forum.

let me know if u need further info.

zayedshah wrote:Hi Raghu, ur visa took just 19 days in all. Could you share your experience and background and why do you think ur visa was processed in such a short time? I am in a condition where I need to get the visa withing a month and get back to UK to continue my current job. Ur experience could really help me. Many thanks in advance.
raghu0307 wrote:Hi all,

My VISA has been approved... yeah!!... Thanks to everyone in the forum

Thanks to Kundalak especially.. Thanks buddy.. you relieved me so much of my tension.. Thanks everyone

My timelines here:

Applied on: 29/12/2008

from VFS Pune

VISA stamped from

16/03/2009 to 16/03/2012

Recieved documents on 16/01/2009

vighneshsawant
Newly Registered

Post by vighneshsawant » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi,

It is joyful moment to receive the stamped passport. I used to go through this forum everyday for atleast 10 to 15 minutes. This forum had help me lot to prepare the application and credit goes to all who participated in the forum, for its success. Please find below the details.

Applied from : Churchgate, Mumbai
Application date: 5th december 08
Again called for biometric test (due to technical error in the first test) after 10 days.
Send a mail in the last week to BHC to know the status. Got a reply from BHC case worker that the application can not able to link. Hence send scanned copies of visa receipt & xerox copy of signed passport.
Courier received - 23rd January 2009.

I wish all of you a best luck those are waiting for the result and applied again for review.

Sincerely thanking you once again.

Best Regards

Vighnesh Sawant

raja2008
Newly Registered

Post by raja2008 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi All,

I have received my Passport today.

My timelines

Applied on 21-Nov-2008
Visa Received - 27-Jan-2009
Visa Valid from - 15-Feb-2009

Thanks a lot to this forum, because of which I am able to keep my cool for so long. Some people get their Visa in short duration like 3 days but some like me has to wait for more than 2 months for the same. No issues with Documents it is only luck you can say.

So if you are waiting for your visa for long keep your cool for some more time.

Regards,

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I got a different status few moments ago on gerry's tracking link. It was "Application forwarded to BHC on 16th Dec 2008" earlier but today it is "Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on" thats it... I am confused,as to what does it mean?Can anybody help me out plz? Anybody know the exact meaning of this status?Is this the same as before or means something else?

Reply asap plzzz...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:17 am

Hello everyone:

Update from myside is that I have got my status of application changed today and it is now "Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same"

THANK GOD, atlast I saw this status for my application as it was after a long wait from 16th Dec'08.

Anyone please guide me that, what should be the next step from me now??? I guess, I have to wait for their call for appointment?Am I right??I am also confused with this status a bit, coz. why they have used Your APPLICATION rather than Your PASSPORT? Please spare some time and help me guys...

Do PRAY for me you all plzzz...

Good Luck for everyone including me..

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hi

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:53 pm

An update from myside is: Alhumdulillah, I got my TIER1 (G) visa today. My sincere and heartiest THANKS to everyone for the support and guidance.My timeline is as below :

Applied for Tier1 (G) Fresh from khi-pk - 16th December 2008

Status on website (www.ukvacpk.com) from then till 4-5 days back was Forwarded to BHC and chngd to Forwarded to ISB OC 2-3 days back, then chngd to ready for collection yesterday

Verification (any type, from anywhere)- No information

Collected visa stamped (Alhumdulillah) - 06th Feb'09

Hope, this will be more than enough information for everyone, who is waiting. Feel free to ask anything if u want about your application.

GOOD LUCK to everyone...

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan