ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric appointment (for FLR(M))- system is down?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mhs_UK
Newly Registered

Biometric appointment (for FLR(M))- system is down?

Post by mhs_UK » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I am constantly trying to book the biometric appointment (through the number advised by UKBA) since Monday but the answer I got from them until last night is that their systems are down and they can't do anything and I should call back. In the hope that the system will be up today, I have tried to call them several times this morning but they put me in a queue (the worst has been 27 minutes) without any luck. Just wondering if anyone on this forum has tried to book biometric appointments recently and how was the experience?

The UKBA telephone lines really suck!! there is no alternate way of booking the appointments?? I am now seriously thinking to withdraw my FLR(M) application and apply in person :( We have to travel abroad in March and I dont have any trust that our passports will be returned any earlier than that.

Thanks,
MHS.

trying_to_book_biometric
Newly Registered

Biometric Appointment - Trying to call....

Post by trying_to_book_biometric » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:16 pm

Have you managed to get through??

I've been trying for the last week (every 10/15 mins) - had no joy.

It just says busy at the moment please call back later.

This is the number I've been calling 03001238895

I'm worried that i'll run out of time, and lose the money i put for the visa because i've not been able to get through.

Anyone got any Suggestions, Telephones, Experiences or Managed to get through and book appointment for a Biometric ??????????

Thanks

mhs_UK
Newly Registered

Post by mhs_UK » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:28 pm

I have withdrawn my application and going in person now. What a waste of time and money!!