ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from HSMP to Tier 1 (Extensions)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raja-a
Newly Registered

Switching from HSMP to Tier 1 (Extensions)

Post by raja-a » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:07 pm

My extension is due in april 08, Can any one pls advise what documents are required to claim earnings points? can i submit my pay slips and P-60 instead of submiting my Bank statement and Pay slips?

drjabberwocky23

Re: Switching from HSMP to Tier 1 (Extensions)

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 pm

raja-a wrote:My extension is due in april 08, Can any one pls advise what documents are required to claim earnings points? can i submit my pay slips and P-60 instead of submiting my Bank statement and Pay slips?
In theory - yes.

It depends on the 12 month period you will be claiming points for and whether your P60 covers that period. If it does not, you will need to use bank statements, etc. instead. This is because the P60 generally covers the financial year, and there may be some months that it may not cover when you apply.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:35 pm

You need two pieces of evidence to pove your income. These two should be from two different source. P60 and payslips are from one source i.e Employer. So what about 2nd source? Letter from HRMC about your income OR bankstatment...choice is yours...

raja-a wrote:My extension is due in april 08, Can any one pls advise what documents are required to claim earnings points? can i submit my pay slips and P-60 instead of submiting my Bank statement and Pay slips?
Thinking low is crime....

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:47 pm

T_mahmood wrote:You need two pieces of evidence to pove your income. These two should be from two different source. P60 and payslips are from one source i.e Employer. So what about 2nd source? Letter from HRMC about your income OR bankstatment...choice is yours...

I thought the P60 is an official tax document (eventhough issued by the employer), but it can be used alongside payslips provided that the time-frame was appropriate?

raja-a
Newly Registered

Post by raja-a » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:28 pm

Thanks for your reply. My p-60 will cover the 12 months i am claiming points for. What about this letter from HMRC, Do you know how we can obtain this letter?