ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I Changed my college to university, will i get extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

duet
Newly Registered

I Changed my college to university, will i get extension

Post by duet » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:47 am

As a student I changed my college to university, will i get extension. I have not informed home office about the change as university staff told me that it is not important. Will i get visa extention which is due in april 2009, my course will end in septemeber 2009.

email257525
BANNED

Be cool and calm,

Post by email257525 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Dear,

This is good thing you left the college and become university student, congratulations to you.
Regarding your question, I dont see there will be any problem, as the university staff have advised you. For more satisfaction send an email to your university internationla office and save there reply, any thing happen you will have evidence. plus phone the Home office and ask them as well,

Normally universities have direct link with the home office and their students hardly get refuasals and extentions unless its a major case.

Do contact me if need more help, email257525@yahoo.com

salam123

Re: I Changed my college to university, will i get extension

Post by salam123 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:36 pm

duet wrote:As a student I changed my college to university, will i get extension. I have not informed home office about the change as university staff told me that it is not important. Will i get visa extention which is due in april 2009, my course will end in septemeber 2009.
no it's not really important that u need to know ho......

raja-a
Newly Registered

Post by raja-a » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Write a covering letter at the time of your extension explaining the reasons why you changed your course/college and it will help. If you dont send a letter they might ask you to explain the reasons but its not a big issue.

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:58 pm

Hi, there

Well, if u go to home office website UKBA and go to contact us there is email to inform HO about change of institution, just drop them few lines, and there shouldn't be any problem anyways.

Hope that helps.

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:22 pm

If its the 1st extension then HO may not have record of previous college so you should be OK first time.