ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DHL has put parts of London off limits because of gangs

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lbfrancois

DHL has put parts of London off limits because of gangs

Post by lbfrancois » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:29 pm

Has anybody read this headline http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 108470.stm ?

DHL has put parts of London, Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham off limits because of complaints from its drivers.

Recently blacklisted areas include London's Canning Town and Custom House.

The firm, which will not give exact details of other trouble-spots, is asking people to collect their packages from its local depots.

It worries me because I want my docs returned by courier...

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:54 am

You can always use some other courier services. And there will always be Registered and Special Delivery by Royal Mail.

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:44 pm

I'm considering using FEDEX. I read once that someone sent HSMP a FEDEX form already filled out with his address and signed, so the HSMP could provide the form during collection, as they dont sign anything...

Does anybody have any other ideas for courier collection? It seems very difficult because UPS, DHL and FEDEX all ask for a signature...

Thanks for sharing,
LBF.