ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got citizenship approval during weekend

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

try-one
Member of Standing

Got citizenship approval during weekend

Post by try-one » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:24 pm

Hello,
I got my citizenship approval letter during the weekend; it has been a long journey started back in 2002; got caught in the 4-5 manipulation.....but it's all in the past, now the future awaits, no more visas (compared to what I needed before) and less suspicion when entering a foreign country.

I doubt that it had been as easy without this forum, lots of valuable information and advise; thank you to all the members, I tried to give back what I could, less and less as the time passed as I have been busy at work.

Good luck to all immigrants; read and learn to avoid stupid mistakes, it's your life and your responsibility to make it work.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

MAKUSA
BANNED

Nice one

Post by MAKUSA » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:36 pm

Big congrats to you.

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Got citizenship approval during weekend

Post by Chess » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:20 am

try-one wrote:Hello,
I got my citizenship approval letter during the weekend; it has been a long journey started back in 2002; got caught in the 4-5 manipulation.....but it's all in the past, now the future awaits, no more visas (compared to what I needed before) and less suspicion when entering a foreign country.

I doubt that it had been as easy without this forum, lots of valuable information and advise; thank you to all the members, I tried to give back what I could, less and less as the time passed as I have been busy at work.

Good luck to all immigrants; read and learn to avoid stupid mistakes, it's your life and your responsibility to make it work.
Can you provide time lines for benefit of others?
Where there is a will there is a way.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:27 am

try-one, many congratulations, soon-to-be British Citizen!

Hopefully you will not need to wait too long for your Citizenship Ceremony.
John

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:10 pm

Tryone, Chess, John, gosh, thrilled see your posts again, after a long time.
Tryone congrats.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:25 pm

Papafaith wrote:Tryone, Chess, John, gosh, thrilled see your posts again, after a long time.
Tryone congrats.
Papa...most people 're-appear' when there are Tsunamis in the sytem..
Where there is a will there is a way.

jbinuk

Post by jbinuk » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:01 am

Congratulations!

I know the feeling cause I've been through the same experience. Had my citizenhip recently as well. With all the visa applications, fees and all the retroactive immigration policy changes, it was a very difficult experience but at least it's all over. No more visits to the home office...hehe

This forum is very very helpfull for people like. Lots of very useful information and advise are available here.

Thanks to all the forumers!