ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - College name does not have 'The' on UKBA Calculator

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dextar

Urgent - College name does not have 'The' on UKBA Calculator

Post by dextar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:33 am

Hi,

I am going to apply for Tier 1 (General) HSMP, switching from IGS. I've just noticed that my college name on Self Assessment Tool does not contain word 'The'. College name on my degree is 'The Institute of Management Sciences, Lahore' but on Self Assessment tool it is 'Institute of Management Sciences, Lahore'.

I am not sure whether this would be a problem or not. Should I go and get NARIC comparability certificate or it would be ok?

Any senior members please advise.

Thanks in advance.

ireallywish09

Re: College Name

Post by ireallywish09 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:12 am

Hi,

This does not seem to be much of a problem, provided that you should clearly mention it in the cover letter, and make this highly visible so that it is not missed.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:55 am

As above. I don't think it should be too much of a problem.

dextar

Post by dextar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:39 pm

Thanks guys. Is there any body who had similar kind of issue in past, if you could share your experience that would be very helpful?

In theory, if you look at the differences its not such a difference. I am just worried as case worker may count this 'The' as a mismatch and refuse my application. Moreover, my leave is ending on 2 Apr 09. Worst case scenario will be if I get refuse on due to this name issue and get response after my current leave then I have to leave the country. And that may affect my current job.

Please help me. Should I get NARIC letter to be in safe side or highlighting in cover letter will be enough?

Thanks

dextar

Post by dextar » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:28 pm

It would be great if some one can check following wording.
I hold a Bachelor degree in Computer Science (4 years) from college, The Institute of Management Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan (Spring Semester 2006). My degree is recognized by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’. Please note word ‘The’ is missing on the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ but it is the same college. College name on self assessment tool is 'Institute of Management Sciences, Lahore' as compare to on degree certificate it is 'The Institute of Management Sciences, Lahore'

Thanks

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:32 pm

It looks fine to me.. but if you can provide the url of the college would help..

dextar

Post by dextar » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:48 pm

nksg wrote:It looks fine to me.. but if you can provide the url of the college would help..
Thanks for your reply. Sorry i forgot to copy full detail for qualification section. Following is complete section in cover letter for qualification.
2. Qualification – 30 points claimed
I hold a Bachelor degree in Computer Science (4 years) from college, The Institute of Management Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan (Spring Semester 2006). My degree is recognized by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’. Please note word ‘The’ is missing on the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ but it is the same college. College name on self assessment tool is 'Institute of Management Sciences, Lahore' as compare to on degree certificate it is 'The Institute of Management Sciences, Lahore'

• Original degree certificate provided
• Original degree transcripts provided

College Contact Details:
The Institute of Management Sciences
23-E-III, Gulberg III,
54660, Lahore, Pakistan
Phone: +92-42-111191938
Fax: +91-42- 5758664
Email: info@pakaims.edu.pk
Please advise is this ok or need any particular wording to explain.

Thanks