ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused married guy in need of help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jsurferguy

Confused married guy in need of help

Post by jsurferguy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi everyone, i am in need of some advise here.
I came in the uk in 2002 on a student visa, and until now, still on the same visa valid until october 2009. we got married abroad and came back to the uk this month. My wife is a student as well, of slovakian nationality. We have been 2 years together before we got married, so she has registered with the home office for workers registration scheme. She was issued with a workers registration certificate as well as a the blue card, registration card. My wife and i are both employed part-time. My question is, what is my next step from here, should i apply for a family permit, eea1 or eea2 ?

My wife and i live in the house of my brother whose has british citizenship.
Recently while doing some reading about the immigration documents, we came across the form set(f) which state i can apply as a dependent of my brother! i would just like to ask which path should i take , as all this is very confusing to me.

Any suggestion would be most welcome. thx

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:05 pm

If you are in the UK and your wife has a registration certificate, then you may apply for a registration card (EEA2).

Applying as a dependant of a brother may be more difficult.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jsurferguy

Post by jsurferguy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:11 pm

thanks vinny :) i guess i will have to go through the long wait way :S damn !