ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unemployment benefit during naturalisation - PLEASE ADVICE

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newman1978
Newly Registered

Unemployment benefit during naturalisation - PLEASE ADVICE

Post by newman1978 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:09 am

Hi fellas,

I am new to this forum and found plenty of useful info ( wish I did it before ). Here is the story:
I am living in Ireland for the past 8 years since 2001, in 2007 I was lucky enough to receive my LTR for 5 years, same year I've applied for citizenship while I was employed, then couple of month later got sacked over the disagreement with the boss. After that I held couple of various temp employments and applied for unemployment benefit in between the jobs. At the mo I'm in college studying and getting social welfare assistance. I wasn't aware that naturalization application would be affected by social benefits at the time as I was advised by "some friends" that main decision factor is the period prior to application. I realize now that I was hugely mistaken all this time. By reading the posts I understand that my chances of naturalization approval are slim to none providing the circumstances.

Is anyone else out there in similar circumstances, who applied for citizenship and during the waiting time ( which takes forever in Eire ) is getting social assistance ?

My second concern is, would they renew my LTR whish is due in 2011, I should be in permanent employment by then ( however in current climate you don't know what would happen tomorrow ). Has anyone who's been refused for naturalisation managed to prolong their LTR ?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and advices ...

Vladislav

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:45 am

Hi,

On the issue with LTR: LTR only started in around 2004-2005, so there wouldn't be any people who have completed their 5 years on LTR yet. you were probably one of the first to get it. I think after your 5 years are up, you just go to your immigration officer and get it extended for another 5 years.

realgunner

Post by realgunner » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:01 pm

mine expires next year in aug2010

the immgration officer just extend your stamp and i dont think you have to be employed that time.

and for agniukas your wrong my friend, the LTR started before 2002(dont know exact year but confirmed)