ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What will be immigration status?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohail akhter

What will be immigration status?

Post by sohail akhter » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:50 am

Dear members;; Your replies are appreciated in advance.

A person applied for extension of hsmp visa and was refused. Later on he appealed in the High court and the appeal was also refused. There were no deportation orders served on him to leave the country in 28 days. I need to know whether his status in the UK is legal or illegal.

Thanks

drjabberwocky23

Re: What will be immigration status?

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:50 pm

sohail akhter wrote:Dear members;; Your replies are appreciated in advance.

A person applied for extension of hsmp visa and was refused. Later on he appealed in the High court and the appeal was also refused. There were no deportation orders served on him to leave the country in 28 days. I need to know whether his status in the UK is legal or illegal.

Thanks
Does he still have leave to remain on his initial HSMP Visa?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:32 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:

Thanks
I dont think so because that is why he is in court for appeal. Went for appeal to get the decision overturned... but seems like did not happen for him.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:14 pm

In that case, I would assume that the normal 28 day grace period comes into effect, from the the time of the verdict for the appeal?

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:19 pm

rizwan567 wrote:
drjabberwocky23 wrote:

Thanks
I dont think so because that is why he is in court for appeal. Went for appeal to get the decision overturned... but seems like did not happen for him.
Why don't u ask him to call Immigration Enquiry Beureau to clarify this?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:08 pm

hsmp28122006 wrote:
rizwan567 wrote:
drjabberwocky23 wrote:

Thanks
Why don't u ask him to call Immigration Enquiry Beureau to clarify this?
I guess, if the applicant in this situation would call IND then they will issue deportation order straigtaway..... i think some time the orders are not issued (for unknown reasons) may be HO home expect applicant to leave by himself/herself... What do you think is it wise to contact them or keep quite or make a new application?

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:31 pm

Is there any grace period given in deportation orders too or one will have to leave the country immediately?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:22 pm

hsmp28122006 wrote:Is there any grace period given in deportation orders too or one will have to leave the country immediately?
Question in the original post is different. Depotation orders are not yet issued to the applicant.