ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Rejected - Advise for all

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amitkddas

Visa Rejected - Advise for all

Post by amitkddas » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:17 am

Hi Friends,

I had applied for AR on 7th Oct and got a email response today. you can see the reason why my visa was rejected below.

From my experience i wanted to advise others so that thhey dont make the same mistake.

Visa got rejected for English requirement because i have done my Masters from ICFAI...which is operated out of Hyderabad. But the Univ is registered in Uttarakhand, Dehradun. So all those who have this problem (Degree's place of award is diff from where the Univ is listed, its better/safer to give IELTS).

I will definitely apply again but only after the market gets better, for now .... TO LOOT GAYE...han LOOT GAYE ... :) ... robbed of 55K ... :(

Emabssy refusal reason:

Dear Sir,
Thank You for your email.

Please be informed that a letter has been sent to you on the 11-Dec-2008. he contents of ther letter are as follows :
Administrative Review under the Points-based System (PBS)

You applied for entry clearance to the United Kingdom under Tier 1:General of the Points Based System. Your application was assessed against the qualifying criteria. After examining the evidence provided it was refused on 23 September 2008.

You have stated that the ECO failed to properly consider evidence submitted with the application. However, I have reviewed your application and I am satisfied that the decision to refuse you entry clearance was correct.

You have provided details of your degree certificate being awarded in Hyderabad. You have claimed points based on the qualification being awarded in Uttarakhand. This particular qualification is not shown on the points assessing tool as meeting the English requirement of the points based system.

If you still wish to apply under Tier 1: General of the Points Based System, you will need to make a fresh application. This should be made on the appropriate application form. Supporting evidence should include the evidence supplied with any previous application and any new evidence or additional information you wish to include. A new fee will also be payable. For guidance please visit:

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/pbsguidance.aspx

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:20 am

Hard luck! It's not something that you could have obviously spotted beforehand, I suppose. Good Luck for round 2!

ireallywish09

Other points?

Post by ireallywish09 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi,

But were you able to get all other points? Such as 35 points for the Master's Degree from ICFAi University?

amitkddas

Hi

Post by amitkddas » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Yes, i did get 35 points for the same degree.

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:51 am

Hi amitkddas,
Ur English language requirement points were not awarded to u bcos a masters degree does not fulfill the criteria. U must submit only details of your bachelors degree.
Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:12 am

Raji_karmlaw wrote:Hi amitkddas,
Ur English language requirement points were not awarded to u bcos a masters degree does not fulfill the criteria. U must submit only details of your bachelors degree.
I agree with Raji, how can you claim English Language Requirement points based on masters degree?! Please go through the guidance notes.

harryy

Post by harryy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:55 am

hsmp28122006 wrote:
I agree with Raji, how can you claim English Language Requirement points based on masters degree?! Please go through the guidance notes.
You need to correct your statement. You can claim points for English Language Requirements based on any Degree which at least equivalent to a Bachelor Degree. If it is greater than Bachelor's Degree not a problem at all.

Check the Point Based Calculator where even for Bachelor degree you wont get 10 points but for Master Degree you can get!!!! :)

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:57 pm

According to the correspondence the original poster received, it appears that he was rejected on the basis of the discrepancy of where the degree was awarded rather than due to the actual qualification per se.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:55 pm

hsmp28122006 wrote:
Come on guys.. how can u say that Masters degree wil not qualify for english n bachelors will do.. :P

Harry is correct, pls chck the PBS..

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:00 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
hsmp28122006 wrote:
Come on guys.. how can u say that Masters degree wil not qualify for english n bachelors will do.. :P

Harry is correct, pls chck the PBS..
Sorry for misleading, I think I was providing you guys old information, according to PBS guidance, what tvn_ramesh and harry say is correct.

ashu_goyal21
Newly Registered

help required for Tier 1 UK visa - ICFAI Hyderabad

Post by ashu_goyal21 » Fri May 08, 2009 6:21 am

Dear Amit,

I have read all your posts for last one year. I am a 2004 passout from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad. My case is similar of yours. If I read the degree, nowhere it is mentioned as it has been registered in Uttrakhand.

So I just wanted to know since Master's degree is now mandatory so whether I will get 35 points for my Master's from ICFAI Business School Hyderabad.

Further, if I want to get NARIC accredation then what is the most convenient way of making payment to NARIC.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regds
Ashutosh Goyal

ashu_goyal21
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Rejected - Advise for all

Post by ashu_goyal21 » Fri May 08, 2009 6:23 am

Dear Amit,

I have read all your posts for last one year. I am a 2004 passout from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad. My case is similar of yours. If I read the degree, nowhere it is mentioned as it has been registered in Uttrakhand.

So I just wanted to know since Master's degree is now mandatory so whether I will get 35 points for my Master's from ICFAI Business School Hyderabad.

Further, if I want to get NARIC accredation then what is the most convenient way of making payment to NARIC.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regds
Ashutosh Goyal
amitkddas wrote:Hi Friends,

I had applied for AR on 7th Oct and got a email response today. you can see the reason why my visa was rejected below.

From my experience i wanted to advise others so that thhey dont make the same mistake.

Visa got rejected for English requirement because i have done my Masters from ICFAI...which is operated out of Hyderabad. But the Univ is registered in Uttarakhand, Dehradun. So all those who have this problem (Degree's place of award is diff from where the Univ is listed, its better/safer to give IELTS).

I will definitely apply again but only after the market gets better, for now .... TO LOOT GAYE...han LOOT GAYE ... :) ... robbed of 55K ... :(

Emabssy refusal reason:

Dear Sir,
Thank You for your email.

Please be informed that a letter has been sent to you on the 11-Dec-2008. he contents of ther letter are as follows :
Administrative Review under the Points-based System (PBS)

You applied for entry clearance to the United Kingdom under Tier 1:General of the Points Based System. Your application was assessed against the qualifying criteria. After examining the evidence provided it was refused on 23 September 2008.

You have stated that the ECO failed to properly consider evidence submitted with the application. However, I have reviewed your application and I am satisfied that the decision to refuse you entry clearance was correct.

You have provided details of your degree certificate being awarded in Hyderabad. You have claimed points based on the qualification being awarded in Uttarakhand. This particular qualification is not shown on the points assessing tool as meeting the English requirement of the points based system.

If you still wish to apply under Tier 1: General of the Points Based System, you will need to make a fresh application. This should be made on the appropriate application form. Supporting evidence should include the evidence supplied with any previous application and any new evidence or additional information you wish to include. A new fee will also be payable. For guidance please visit:

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/pbsguidance.aspx

salloo

Post by salloo » Fri May 08, 2009 7:46 am

Applying online is the best way using your credit card.

inputsOnHSMP

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Fri May 08, 2009 9:39 am

you cannot claim points for enlish language requirement unless the degree is atleast for 3 years. It is in the guidance document.
Even in this case, the AR has not said that it is disqualified because of location. It is just that the parituclar degree is not allowed for meeting English requirements.

ashu_goyal21
Newly Registered

Post by ashu_goyal21 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks buddy... :D
salloo wrote:Applying online is the best way using your credit card.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 09, 2009 12:14 am

inputsOnHSMP wrote:you cannot claim points for enlish language requirement unless the degree is atleast for 3 years. It is in the guidance document.
Even in this case, the AR has not said that it is disqualified because of location. It is just that the parituclar degree is not allowed for meeting English requirements.
Where did you see that 3 year clause? Can you please copy paste the relevant para from the Guidance document for our benefit please?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer