ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 URGENT ADVICE Needed PLS!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Davis

EEA2 URGENT ADVICE Needed PLS!!!

Post by Davis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:53 pm

hello all active advisors, pls help.

im (Non-EU) married to a french national, and im applying for the EEA2, my wife's been working and studying as well for 2 years in UK. whats the required amount to show on our bank statements that we can support ourselves living outside london,without recourse to public funds. this is EEA2 application.PLS help!!.

thank you all.

Ale13
Newly Registered

Post by Ale13 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:44 pm

hi there.... I m just waiting for more than a year to hear a response for my eea2 application, I found this forum and another yesterday,

When I applied I just sent my bank statement, as far as I know there is not a set amount that you need to have in your account, but maybe someone who knows more can correct me on this... just need to prove that you have enough to live for the moment and if you or your eu sponsor has a job then it must be enough.

Davis

Post by Davis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:31 pm

thank you. great advice. do i need to show im studying and working as well? by payslips and letter from my University?

Ale13
Newly Registered

Post by Ale13 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:22 pm

yes, send all you have in your hands... pay slips, uni letter, p60 if you have any,, etc, etc, etc............ and then get ready,for a lonnngggggg wait...good luck

Davis

Post by Davis » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:12 pm

and also,
i just heard about COA for marrying in UK, do i still need that? dyu have any experience or can anyone pls tell me? what are the documents required for that?

Ale13
Newly Registered

Post by Ale13 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:56 pm

I not sure about that, I thougth you already were already married??
send your married certificate... I think what you are talking about is just to be able to able to get married here... but someone could correct me in case I m wrong...

missmotown
Newly Registered

Help,EEA family permit

Post by missmotown » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi I am french and planning to marry my ugandan boyfriend who lives in Uganda. I came in the uk 6 ago as a full time worker but now Im studying. Do I need to show a certain amount of money in my account? Im a student nurse so can't keep a full time job because of my unsocial hours. He no longer have a bank account as he lost his job, does he need to find a job and open a bank account before applying for a EEA family permit?
Thanks for any answer!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Help,EEA family permit

Post by Rozen » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:22 pm

missmotown wrote:Hi I am french and planning to marry my ugandan boyfriend who lives in Uganda. I came in the uk 6 ago as a full time worker but now Im studying. Do I need to show a certain amount of money in my account? Im a student nurse so can't keep a full time job because of my unsocial hours. He no longer have a bank account as he lost his job, does he need to find a job and open a bank account before applying for a EEA family permit?
Thanks for any answer!
When applying for an EEA FP from the British High Commission in Uganda he will be considered under the UK immigration rules (because the application is being made outside the EU). So you will definitely need to show 'healthy' bank statements and the rest. Unfortunately. :(

missmotown
Newly Registered

Post by missmotown » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:51 pm

Rozen wrote:
missmotown wrote:Hi I am french and planning to marry my ugandan boyfriend who lives in Uganda. I came in the uk 6 ago as a full time worker but now Im studying. Do I need to show a certain amount of money in my account? Im a student nurse so can't keep a full time job because of my unsocial hours. He no longer have a bank account as he lost his job, does he need to find a job and open a bank account before applying for a EEA family permit?
Thanks for any answer!
When applying for an EEA FP from the British High Commission in Uganda he will be considered under the UK immigration rules (because the application is being made outside the EU). So you will definitely need to show 'healthy' bank statements and the rest. Unfortunately. :(
Thank you Rozen for replying :D . I know that you are eligible as a sponsor if you are a student. How can they expect a student to have a healthy bank account?
Can i apply for himfrom the uk? Does he also need a big amount of money in his account?

Davis

Post by Davis » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:43 pm

I not sure about that, I thougth you already were already married??
send your married certificate... I think what you are talking about is just to be able to able to get married here... but someone could correct me in case I m wrong...

sorry 4 late reply. yes we are married but, i did not get a COA before marriage.

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:04 am

Rozen wrote:When applying for an EEA FP from the British High Commission in Uganda he will be considered under the UK immigration rules (because the application is being made outside the EU). So you will definitely need to show 'healthy' bank statements and the rest. Unfortunately. :(
Not any more. I think the UKBA finally complies with the ECJ rulings. So family members applying from outside of the EU no longer need to demonstrate sufficient funds. Let's hope that Uganda got the memo :-)

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:54 pm

thsths wrote:
Rozen wrote:When applying for an EEA FP from the British High Commission in Uganda he will be considered under the UK immigration rules (because the application is being made outside the EU). So you will definitely need to show 'healthy' bank statements and the rest. Unfortunately. :(
Not any more. I think the UKBA finally complies with the ECJ rulings. So family members applying from outside of the EU no longer need to demonstrate sufficient funds. Let's hope that Uganda got the memo :-)
They don't seem to have it in ZAMBIA! :roll:

missmotown
Newly Registered

Post by missmotown » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:38 pm

thsths wrote:

Thanks Thths, that 's good to know! :D When did you apply for your EEA FP Rozen?