ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Russian Fiancee

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sam123

Russian Fiancee

Post by Sam123 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:55 am

Hi Forum

I am wriitng on behalf of my friend Alan, he is a British national, working full time in Education. His fiance is in Russia, a Russian national. He is wondering if this board can advise him about the marriage and visa procedure. What documents he will require to get marry in Russia and also for applying visa for his would be wife there.

Whats the best advise- should he marry in Russia or here-if she comes here on fiance visa?

I shall be grateful to you.

Thanks
Sam on behalf of Alan

traveller1973
Newly Registered

Post by traveller1973 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:30 pm

If he wants to get married in Russia, he needs to look at the Russian visa website. What is the specific question on her applying for a fiancee visa to come here? Have they considered a Visit-Marriage visa for the UK?

It is all very much dependant on how long they've known each other and whether they can show their relationship and intentions are genuine