ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what kind of visa to apply for

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Valentina
Newly Registered

what kind of visa to apply for

Post by Valentina » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Hello, I am a Canadian citizen who has been living in the UK for just under 2 years (Northern Ireland - not sure if that makes any difference). Im here on a spouse visa, and will be taking my "life in the UK" test next week and then applying for my ILR at the end of the month.

My question is, I am pregnant, and my sister was wanting to come from Canada and stay with us in the UK for a year (maybe less, maybe a bit more). I know she can come and visit for the 6 months, but if she wants to come and live/work... what kind of visa would she need to apply for? I thought there was some sort of working holiday visa or an "au pere" scheme, but I think they have ended...

any ideas on what she should apply for, or what direction we should start our research? Ive surfed around a bit on here and the home office sites, but not really sure what to look for.

I assume that once I have my ILR settled, I would be able to sponsor her whatever route she decides?

any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

V

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:36 pm

YMS = Youth Mobility Scheme, google it.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

traveller1973
Newly Registered

Post by traveller1973 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:41 pm

YMS Tier 5 but it depends on her age. YMS Tier 5 doesn't lead to settlement and she can't apply if she's already had a working holiday maker visa for the UK.