ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(IED) dependant question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mikali
Newly Registered

FLR(IED) dependant question

Post by mikali » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi,
I posted this question on another post but it had gone unanswered.

On the FLR(IED) form there is a section for dependant applications.
From previous post responses, I have the impression that switching from visas to another visa category is very limited from within the UK.

So my question is, under what circumstances can someone apply to swith from a visa while in the UK to the dependancy visa of someone on a WP?

Why would there even be a section for dependants on the FLR(IED) form (which from what i can tell is completed from within the UK) if changing from one visa to a dependant visa is so limited?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:17 am

Section 9 - Dependants of persons in sections 1 - 8 wrote:2.2. Switching

Entry clearance is mandatory for entry in this category. In after-entry cases, however, where the applicant was not admitted as a spouse or child, caseworkers may waive the no-switching provision in the Rules if they are satisfied that all the other requirements are met and that exceptional compassionate circumstances prevail. For UK ancestry dependants caseworkers may waive the no-switching provision in the Rules if they are satisfied that all the other requirements are met. Any case which falls to be refused, however, should be refused on no-switching grounds.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.