ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Refused - Next Steps

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nofori
Newly Registered

Student Visa Refused - Next Steps

Post by nofori » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:06 am

Hello All

I have used this forum before and have been grateful for the advice and knowledge it's memebers and contributors offered in the past. Unfortunately I am now facing another situation with the Home Office and will be grateful for any advice.

The Situation:

After waiting for over a year on an application to extend her student visa ( with our 3 year old son as dependant), my partner received a lettter yesterday from the home office refusing her application.

The reason given was that the school my partner attends had failled to meet the requirements set out by the secretary of state. Please note that she had previously applied for and been granted a student visa/ extension on two separate occasions while attending the same school.

The refusal letter came with appeal document offering her the right to appeal the decision.

At the time of application we had made plans to get married and intended to apply for a COA after her visa had been extended. I have a 5 year work permit and we were hoping to re-apply for both my missus and son to be dependants on my visa.

| would like to know :
1.If we can still apply for a COA during the appeal period.
2. If it's worth going through the appeal process if we can return to our home country, get married there and then apply for a dependant visa.
3. If there's a strong chance of success with question 2, given that she has been refused a student visa in the UK.

We would also be grateful if anyone can pm the contact info for a reliable OISC advisor to handle the appeal or even an initial discusion.

If further details are needed please just ask.

Thanks for reading

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:45 am

There doesn't seem to be much point in appealing if her school is no longer on the approved list. Your other options sound better.