ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NATWEST BANK STATEMENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

m_kamran

NATWEST BANK STATEMENT

Post by m_kamran » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:43 pm

Natwest printed, signed and stamped by bank branch is acceptable or not?

Name is missing on printed by bank statement.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: NATWEST BANK STATEMENT

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:19 pm

not acceptable without name.....

m_kamran wrote:Natwest printed, signed and stamped by bank branch is acceptable or not?

Thinking low is crime....

m_kamran

Post by m_kamran » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:27 pm

T_mahmood,

How you know that not acceptable without name? My friend got PSW visa using same method.

Please read the following:

Documents we require
The evidence to support personal 199. savings for at least three months must be original, on the official letter-headed paper, or stationery of the organisation and have the official stamp of that organisation. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:52 pm

How the Case worker know that its your statmenet or sombody else's?
As far as I know if you get printed bankstatement from Natwest branch, there is no address as well. If there is only account name or address, how it will establish relationship with you?

m_kamran wrote:T_mahmood,

How you know that not acceptable without name? My friend got PSW visa using same method.

Documents we require
The evidence to support personal 199. savings for at least three months must be original, on the official letter-headed paper, or stationery of the organisation and have the official stamp of that organisation. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation.

coolchap

Post by coolchap » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:07 pm

M_Kamran

Even I have submitted statements like that..

I have provided 12 months statements (orginal) and I had to print out the last 10 days as my last salary was credited after statement was generated. Also I have got it stamped from the local bank.

HO should accept it. I wont be a happy bunny if they dont...at the end of the day its a UK bank so they should accept it.

Dont worry too much brov.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WP - Tier 1

Submitted on - 4th Feb
Ref Letter - 5th Feb
Status - Hoping for the best!!

Good things happen to those who wait!!

m_kamran

Post by m_kamran » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:25 pm

T_mahmood,

11 months statement is original and last month bank statement has account number. I don't think that caseworker can have any problem to understand that it is a continuity of statement.

Also, why they mentioned at HO website that "stationery of the organisation and have the official stamp of that organisation".

Well bank stationery have no name on it so it is not our fault.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:11 am

kamran

What I mean that dont give any chance to case worker to reject your case. Be prepared with accurate documents. If you feel comfortable with your documents, go ahead. Wish you best of luck.

m_kamran wrote:T_mahmood,

11 months statement is original and last month bank statement has account number. I don't think that caseworker can have any problem to understand that it is a continuity of statement.

Also, why they mentioned at HO website that "stationery of the organisation and have the official stamp of that organisation".

Well bank stationery have no name on it so it is not our fault.

QEF8DD

Re: NATWEST BANK STATEMENT

Post by QEF8DD » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:52 pm

m_kamran wrote:Natwest printed, signed and stamped by bank branch is acceptable or not?

I guess you missed to read point #204 on the same page -

Only the following specified documents will be accepted as evidence of this requirement:
i) statements covering the three month period immediately before the application.
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
•the applicant’s name;
•the account number;
•the date of the statement;
•the financial institution’s name and logo;
•transactions covering the three month period;
•that there are enough funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £2,800 or £800, as appropriate).

The above conditions are there both for previous earnings and maintenance funds(except for the £2800 thingy and three month period).

That said, as the account is with a UK bank, you don't need to worry about it too much. If the bank can generate a statement with ur name on it as well, then alright otherwise leave it..

m_kamran

Post by m_kamran » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:38 pm

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/index. ... t&p=237026

My friend did same and got his visa. I am not sure of bank outside UK but they do accept stamped statement as far as your bank is UK bank.

QEF8DD

Post by QEF8DD » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:58 pm

upto you mate.. if (god forbid) they reject ur application, you cannot apply for admin review saying ur friend got it the same way, isn't it ?.. the tier1 guidance is for UK applicants.. for India, there is the VAF9 guide and some other docs.. so one does need to follow the guidance, the text of which I quoted above, while applying from UK..