ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Naturalization - Required Documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mendo

Post by mendo » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:22 pm

I've got the cert today and it is only in Irish.
I am seriously thinking to ask for the English version.

Regards,

Mendo
________
APRILIA PEGASO 600
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Are you planning to send your request to DUb or to Tipp (i guess your application was also processed in Dub like mine).
I'll apply for an English version after getting the irish passport, a few more days to go till I get that...my only worry is that they don't get pissed off with these requests.

dublin
Newly Registered

update on certificate

Post by dublin » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi All

Can somebody please let me know how long does it take to get certificate of naturalisation ?

Thanks
Last edited by dublin on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nehro
Ireland

Re: update on certificate

Post by Nehro » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:35 am

dublin wrote:Hi All

Can somebody please let me know how long does it take to get certificate of naturalisation ?

Thanks
Gaurav
The average "official" period for processing applications of naturalisation according to INIS website is currently 23 months from the date of submission of the application. In reality, however, it is considerably longer than that (upto 35 months or longer in some cases). The average time between receiving your bank draft and form 7 (after approval letter) until you get the cert of naturalisation is about 4 to 6 weeks according to a couple of my friends who got naturalised.
Ragards

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:55 pm

so if u have to travel while waiting for the cert, at the airport u can just show them approval letter and copy of garda card, anything else ?

dublin
Newly Registered

got it

Post by dublin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:25 am

Hi All

I got my certificate yesterday by registered post. It took more then 6 weeks ( or 35 working days)

Regards

Dublin1

Re: got it

Post by Dublin1 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:51 pm

dublin wrote:Hi All

I got my certificate yesterday by registered post. It took more then 6 weeks ( or 35 working days)

Regards
congrats, that was ur last step to get the Irish passport

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:27 pm

So Whats the procedure to get Irish passport after receiving Cert of Naturalization ? And How long it takes :) Usual question ....isn't it :lol:

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:24 pm

pahadia wrote:So Whats the procedure to get Irish passport after receiving Cert of Naturalization ? And How long it takes :) Usual question ....isn't it :lol:
Its an efficient process via PassportExpress: (takes just 10 working days).
http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent ... xpress.htm

babar asif
Newly Registered

Documents

Post by babar asif » Sun May 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Dear all,
First congratulation ! secondly , whwere exactly is dolphin house ?
thanks

Southern_Sky

Re: Documents

Post by Southern_Sky » Mon May 04, 2009 12:55 pm

babar asif wrote:Dear all,
First congratulation ! secondly , whwere exactly is dolphin house ?
thanks
There is a map at the bottom of this document:
http://www.courts.ie/Courts.ie/library3 ... 202007.pdf

babar asif
Newly Registered

Post by babar asif » Mon May 04, 2009 7:54 pm

Dear Southern_Sky !
Many thanks, thats great

waiting4ever?
Newly Registered

getting Natsn cert quickly..

Post by waiting4ever? » Wed May 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Hi all,

Would anyone know how to speed up the process of getting the cert? The reason i'm asking is i'd have to go to a EU country officially and it would be best to get the cert and apply for Irish passport, instead of having to take visa on the Indian passport....

Also, would you know how long the Indian passport can be used? I assume till the time we get the Naturalsn cert. we can use it?

Thanks in advance to you all..
Cheers!
pahadia wrote:So Whats the procedure to get Irish passport after receiving Cert of Naturalization ? And How long it takes :) Usual question ....isn't it :lol:

Dublin1

Re: getting Natsn cert quickly..

Post by Dublin1 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:00 am

waiting4ever? wrote:Hi all,

Would anyone know how to speed up the process of getting the cert? The reason i'm asking is i'd have to go to a EU country officially and it would be best to get the cert and apply for Irish passport, instead of having to take visa on the Indian passport....

Also, would you know how long the Indian passport can be used? I assume till the time we get the Naturalsn cert. we can use it?

Cheers!
The cert will take from 4-6 weeks u sent them the needed docs.

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Thu May 07, 2009 2:10 pm

waiting4ever? wrote:Hi all,

Cheers!

Your non-Irish passport (Indian one in this case) is valid until its expiry date. However I'm not sure what the policy would be if you apply for a visa at a foreign embassy without having possession of your Garda Card (which is now with INIS).

The Certificate issue takes minimum 30 days. I suppose among other things they have to confirm that your bank draft of 950euro clears etc..

Once you have your certificate of naturalisation you could apply for a Stamp 6 in your Indian passport, if you wish to continue using that passport for certain specific trips. The Stamp 6 would be valid to the expiry date of your Indian passport.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Thu May 07, 2009 3:30 pm

Normally Embasies wouldn't ask for your green card, and u could show them photocopy of it , plus the stamp at ur passpsort.

waiting4ever?
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4ever? » Thu May 07, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi Southern_Sky,

are you sure that the non-Irish passport can be used after getting the Irish passport? Does'nt this depend on whether the other countries support dual citizenship and to the extent they have that support??

Just wanted to clarify and it will be great if you could provide the source of your info...

Cheers!
Southern_Sky wrote:
Your non-Irish passport (Indian one in this case) is valid until its expiry date. However I'm not sure what the policy would be if you apply for a visa at a foreign embassy without having possession of your Garda Card (which is now with INIS).

The Certificate issue takes minimum 30 days. I suppose among other things they have to confirm that your bank draft of 950euro clears etc..

Once you have your certificate of naturalisation you could apply for a Stamp 6 in your Indian passport, if you wish to continue using that passport for certain specific trips. The Stamp 6 would be valid to the expiry date of your Indian passport.

waiting4ever?
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4ever? » Thu May 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Thanks Dublin1.. and probably i could inform them the reason why i do not have the original....
Dublin1 wrote:Normally Embasies wouldn't ask for your green card, and u could show them photocopy of it , plus the stamp at ur passpsort.

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Thu May 07, 2009 8:02 pm

waiting4ever? wrote:Hi Southern_Sky,

are you sure that the non-Irish passport can be used after getting the Irish passport? Does'nt this depend on whether the other countries support dual citizenship and to the extent they have that support??

Just wanted to clarify and it will be great if you could provide the source of your info...

Cheers!
Southern_Sky wrote:

Hi 'Waiting4ever?
Certainly, the validity of one's non-Irish passport after naturalisation depends on whether there country of origin recognizes Dual-Nationality. Once this is the case, then the Stamp 6 provision comes in handy, in your non-Irish passport for re-entry into Ireland, after travelling on this non-Irish passport.

There's been much discussed already on this forum regarding Stamp 6 and also:

http://www.mrci.ie/know_rights/legalsta ... idency.htm

http://www.metroeireann.com/article/the ... -they,1663

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... ndorsement

Stamp number 6
Can be placed on the foreign passport of an Irish citizen who has dual citizenship, and who wants their entitlement to remain in Ireland to be endorsed on their foreign passport.

This stamp certifies that the holder of the passport is permitted to remain in Ireland without condition.
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/Refer ... -checklist

waiting4ever?
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4ever? » Fri May 08, 2009 4:01 pm

Thanks for all the info Southern_Sky. So, there's no way to speed up getting the naturalisation cert.?
Southern_Sky wrote:
Hi 'Waiting4ever?
Certainly, the validity of one's non-Irish passport after naturalisation depends on whether there country of origin recognizes Dual-Nationality. Once this is the case, then the Stamp 6 provision comes in handy, in your non-Irish passport for re-entry into Ireland, after travelling on this non-Irish passport.

There's been much discussed already on this forum regarding Stamp 6 and also:

http://www.mrci.ie/know_rights/legalsta ... idency.htm

http://www.metroeireann.com/article/the ... -they,1663

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... ndorsement

Stamp number 6
Can be placed on the foreign passport of an Irish citizen who has dual citizenship, and who wants their entitlement to remain in Ireland to be endorsed on their foreign passport.

This stamp certifies that the holder of the passport is permitted to remain in Ireland without condition.
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/Refer ... -checklist

babar asif
Newly Registered

Post by babar asif » Sat May 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi
Do you know , if I need a birth certificate in order to get Irish Passport ? For the naturalization I had given a affedavit and they accept it .

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Sat May 09, 2009 8:35 pm

babar asif wrote:Hi
Do you know , if I need a birth certificate in order to get Irish Passport ? For the naturalization I had given a affedavit and they accept it .
I've never heard that another birth cert is required for the passport again. is this something new ? Are you asked to present one for passport as well? we already submitted one for the naturalisation application!

Also, could you folks tell me how long it takes to get the naturalisation cert after taking the oath ? some says 6 weeks some 4 weeks?
many thanks,
regards
A_I

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Sat May 09, 2009 9:43 pm

another_immigrant wrote:
babar asif wrote:Hi
I've never heard that another birth cert is required for the passport again. is this something new ? Are you asked to present one for passport as well? we already submitted one for the naturalisation application!

Also, could you folks tell me how long it takes to get the naturalisation cert after taking the oath ? some says 6 weeks some 4 weeks?
many thanks,
regards
A_I
The Certificate of Naturalisation is issued 4 weeks after sending INIS your Signed Oath & Bank Draft of 950euro.

The Original Long Form Birth Cert is required for the Irish Passport Application. Even though INIS accepts an Birth Affidavit / Certified Copy, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) does not. Requiring the original birth certificate is standard practice in most countries in order to issue a new Passport.

What documents should be enclosed: 'Photocopies are not acceptable.'
http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=254

Instructions for completing the Passport Application Form:
http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/Pas ... ctions.pdf

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Sun May 10, 2009 2:20 pm

receiveng the the cert is like the whole proces no time frame, u ask ppl one will tell u after 2 weeks, the another after 3 and one more will say 6 :)

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Sun May 10, 2009 6:34 pm

Dublin1 wrote:receiveng the the cert is like the whole proces no time frame, u ask ppl one will tell u after 2 weeks, the another after 3 and one more will say 6 :)
''Once the appropriate procedures have been finalised, a certificate of naturalisation will normally issue within 30 days. You are an Irish citizen from the date of issue of the certificate and you can apply to the Department of Foreign Affairs for an Irish passport any time after that date.''

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... ralisation