ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant application from Pak

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naveed3
Newly Registered

Post by naveed3 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:19 am

I received the email reply from abu dhabi office confirming my application is under process and decision can not be made untill all the checks are completed.

naveed3
Newly Registered

Post by naveed3 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:08 am

any update??

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:41 am

Naveed - no updates unfortunately. I haven't emailed Abu Dhabi yet. I see no point in doing that since you are going to get the bog standard BS that your application is under process - but still, might send them an email later today - just for the heck of it.
From what I've heard from someone working for the British Councill in Karachi; BHC Pakistan have drastically cut back their workforce in Pakistan - AND, the Abu Dhabi office comprises of only 3 persons who deal with UAE visa applications as well as ours. Plus, if you look at the December 2008 Timelines published by UK Visas - the maximum time to process an application is 60 days. I am going to go with that worse case assumption, since my confidence in BHC is very low, and expect my wife's visa to arrive sometime late in February InshaAllah. If it happens before that - I'd be well chuffed :-)

adnan, virk - any updates at your end?
When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:29 pm

*bump*
When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack

adnan_uk

Post by adnan_uk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:49 pm

ALee_80 wrote:*bump*
Its no use bumping urself into BHC :D

no news so far from my side

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:02 pm

Got an email today stating the same old BS - your application is under process.

Virk
Newly Registered

Post by Virk » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:26 am

ALee_80 wrote:Naveed - no updates unfortunately. I haven't emailed Abu Dhabi yet. I see no point in doing that since you are going to get the bog standard BS that your application is under process - but still, might send them an email later today - just for the heck of it.
From what I've heard from someone working for the British Councill in Karachi; BHC Pakistan have drastically cut back their workforce in Pakistan - AND, the Abu Dhabi office comprises of only 3 persons who deal with UAE visa applications as well as ours. Plus, if you look at the December 2008 Timelines published by UK Visas - the maximum time to process an application is 60 days. I am going to go with that worse case assumption, since my confidence in BHC is very low, and expect my wife's visa to arrive sometime late in February InshaAllah. If it happens before that - I'd be well chuffed :-)

adnan, virk - any updates at your end?
@ALee_80Not a bit of it dear. Going to be almost 4 months. Any other News from your side. OR do you advise to get any legal help from within UK for this UNJUST Delay as it is like imprisonment.
Regards,
Virk

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:01 am

@ALee_80Not a bit of it dear. Going to be almost 4 months. Any other News from your side. OR do you advise to get any legal help from within UK for this UNJUST Delay as it is like imprisonment.
Regards,
Virk
Virk,
No news at my end unfortunately. I think you are definitely eligible for legal help. I would suggest you get in touch with IAS for a start - see what they have to say in this matter and take it from there.

Guys - I know its getting repetetive now - but - any updates?

Ali

rehan1000
Newly Registered

Post by rehan1000 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi Guys,
I can imagine your irritation as I got the same problem but in the end got Visa. Thanks Allah.
Here is my story.
I applied for my new born son's visa from Karachi on the 15th of Dec 08 and up to end of Dec. I couldn't check application on Fed ex web site. Every time, I was getting the message "Invalid status". Fed ex informed me that there is no such issue, while I came to know later that this was issue with every one and they were hiding this fact.
After trying too many e-mails to Isb embassy, I got no reply, so I had to extend my vacations by calling UK office as I wanted to travel together.
I then got reply from Isb embassy to send e-mail to Abu dehbi embassy but I didn't get any reply from them.
On 21st, I came back to UK and we got passport back on 23rd of Dec with Visa stamped on 7th of Dec. Now I dont know how my wife will handle three kids by herself.
I know its a totally rubbish performance of Fed-ex, Isb and Abu dehbi embassy but what I learnt Pakistan means patience :) Just wait and pray because you can't do any thing.
Rehan

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:03 pm

rehan1000 wrote:Hi Guys,
I can imagine your irritation as I got the same problem but in the end got Visa. Thanks Allah.
Here is my story.
I applied for my new born son's visa from Karachi on the 15th of Dec 08 and up to end of Dec. I couldn't check application on Fed ex web site. Every time, I was getting the message "Invalid status". Fed ex informed me that there is no such issue, while I came to know later that this was issue with every one and they were hiding this fact.
After trying too many e-mails to Isb embassy, I got no reply, so I had to extend my vacations by calling UK office as I wanted to travel together.
I then got reply from Isb embassy to send e-mail to Abu dehbi embassy but I didn't get any reply from them.
On 21st, I came back to UK and we got passport back on 23rd of Dec with Visa stamped on 7th of Dec. Now I dont know how my wife will handle three kids by herself.
I know its a totally rubbish performance of Fed-ex, Isb and Abu dehbi embassy but what I learnt Pakistan means patience :) Just wait and pray because you can't do any thing.
Rehan
Hi Rehan,

Thanks for the useful info. However, Your dates don't quite add up. Can you please look at them again and update your post accordingly as I think you've mixed up the months.

Thanks
Ali

naveed3
Newly Registered

Post by naveed3 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:19 am

No update from myside. Just a recap, my wife applied on 3rd December. At the start of Jan 09, I emailed Islamabad BHC and they asked me to check with abudhabi office. Abudhabi office emailed me that "my application is under process".... they did not mentioned any timeline.....

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Hi, I'm currently in the UK on student visa. I've got approval for Tier 1 General. Although i can switch my immigration status from student to tier 1 from within Uk but after considering all aspects, I've decided that i would come back to Pakistan and get Tier1 stamped for myself and my family. Since i have 4 dependants (a wife and 3 kids), i can not afford to make separate applications for myself and for them coz it will be too costly...

I have about 12 Lakh Rupees in my personal account in Pakistan for over 3 months. I have a few questions in this regard, if any of you could help:

1. Will the entry clearance officer accept the fact that I am in UK but I have over 1 Million Rupees in my account in Pakistan? My wife does some transactions in my account (money in and out). I have given her my ATM card and blank cheques... This one million rupees came from sale of my wife's jewellery. I can provide some sort of evidence for that...
2. How much is the maintenance funds requirement? (is it 2800+1600X4) or less than that?
3. If i switch my immigration status to tier 1 (from within uk) and then apply for dependants entry clearance from pakistan separately, how much application fee shall i have to pay? (is it 400 pounds for each dependant or just 400 for my wife while kids apply for free)?

Please help, I desperately need ur support and guidance at this time....

Thanks

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:37 pm

Guys,

Any updates? None here...

Ali

adnan_uk

Post by adnan_uk » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:39 pm

My wife was called that her passport is ready for collection at Fedex friday afternoon .So will be collecting it next week as she is out of city for few days.

Application submitted 15 dec 08
passport ready for collection 30 Jan 09

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:42 pm

adnan_uk wrote:My wife was called that her passport is ready for collection at Fedex friday afternoon .So will be collecting it next week as she is out of city for few days.

Application submitted 15 dec 08
passport ready for collection 30 Jan 09
adnan_uk,

Good luck mate. It will be good news InshaAllah. Keep us posted of the outcome.
Did your employer get a verification call by any chance?

Ali

naveed3
Newly Registered

Post by naveed3 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Here is the update. My wife received a call on Wednesday that her passport was ready for collection. Today (Friday) she collected her passport with the VISA. Here is the timline.
Application submitted at Lahore VAC: 03 December 2008
Passport collected with VISA: 06 February 2009.
As mentioned earlier, i attached very minimum documents with the application, only what is required in the application form VAF10. I attached no covering letter, no salary slips, no accommodation proof, no wedding pictures.
Besides nikahnama, i attached only my office letter, bank statements and passport copy.
With my experience, i can not conclude what documents are really IMPORTANT.
Also BHC Islamabad or Abudhabi don't provide any status of application except that it is under process.
Lastly online application status is not updated timely as it still shows that my wife's application was forwarded to BHC on 03 December :)
Let me know if i can share anything else.

Bukhari

Post by Bukhari » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:44 pm

I will appreciate if someone answer the following question,
Is there any time restriction for tier1 dependent UK entrance?

Thanks

m_kamran

Post by m_kamran » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Anyone can tell me what to do with nikkahnama?I think it needs to be translated and attested by notary public.

Please give me some more information.

hjafary
Newly Registered

@ naveed3

Post by hjafary » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:56 pm

naveed3,

congrats on getting the visa..

i am a bit surprised u didn't attached all the documents u stated since i've seen rejections on the basis of not having provided those..

perhaps that was wat cuased the delay?

my wife is applying on the 20th Feb and I've attached all those docs + a lot more! We have travel plans from the 12th April so hope to receive a reply by then...

any others in the same boat as me?
Last edited by hjafary on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hjafary
Newly Registered

Post by hjafary » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:58 pm

m_kamran,

the nikanama if not in English needs to be translated into English and attested by the foreign affairs office..

hjafary
Newly Registered

Post by hjafary » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Bukhari,

good question..i've had two friends who had a restriction of 28 days on the letter that comes along with the passport but have another friend who did not have any such restriction!!

i delayed applying for this reason..

baheri

fund requirement

Post by baheri » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:36 pm

Guys can anyone help me in maintenence funds requirement? Basically, ma wife applied for Tier 1 General dependent visa in Oct 2008. Jus in 9 days she was refused as immigration officer stated dat he is satisfied wid all da documents except for maintenence requirements as bank statements were more than 3 months old n also we were not aware of 1600 requirements.
I was wondering if some one can tell me how much minimum funds i need to keep in account to meet dis blooody requirement?
will appreciate for answer!!!!

baheri

fund requirement

Post by baheri » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:46 pm

Can any one tell me what is da minimum fund required in bank for Tier 1 General dependent visa application?
Cheers

web2005

Post by web2005 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:45 am

naveed3 wrote:Here is the update. My wife received a call on Wednesday that her passport was ready for collection. Today (Friday) she collected her passport with the VISA. Here is the timline.
Application submitted at Lahore VAC: 03 December 2008
Passport collected with VISA: 06 February 2009.
As mentioned earlier, i attached very minimum documents with the application, only what is required in the application form VAF10. I attached no covering letter, no salary slips, no accommodation proof, no wedding pictures.
Besides nikahnama, i attached only my office letter, bank statements and passport copy.
With my experience, i can not conclude what documents are really IMPORTANT.
Also BHC Islamabad or Abudhabi don't provide any status of application except that it is under process.
Lastly online application status is not updated timely as it still shows that my wife's application was forwarded to BHC on 03 December :)
Let me know if i can share anything else.
My wife's dependent visa application was refused on the grounds that there were no wedding photographs attached with application. ECO stated in refusal letter that it is very common in Pakistan to buy fake marriage certificate.

Anyone applying for dependent visa knows what accommodation papers are required for proof of secure accommodation? I am house owner in joint names with my married sister. I didn't explain my relation with her and this was another reason for rejection as ECO was concerned who she is? With appeal I submitted her marriage certificate and letter from her to claim she is my sister, married and living at different address but BHC is still not satisfied.

This time, while applying fresh, I dont want to submit land registry papers as they can raise the same issue.

Any help how can I resolve these issues?

Thanks.

engrmbk
Newly Registered

Post by engrmbk » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:35 pm

mbasmart wrote:Hi, I'm currently in the UK on student visa. I've got approval for Tier 1 General. Although i can switch my immigration status from student to tier 1 from within Uk but after considering all aspects, I've decided that i would come back to Pakistan and get Tier1 stamped for myself and my family. Since i have 4 dependants (a wife and 3 kids), i can not afford to make separate applications for myself and for them coz it will be too costly...

I have about 12 Lakh Rupees in my personal account in Pakistan for over 3 months. I have a few questions in this regard, if any of you could help:

1. Will the entry clearance officer accept the fact that I am in UK but I have over 1 Million Rupees in my account in Pakistan? My wife does some transactions in my account (money in and out). I have given her my ATM card and blank cheques... This one million rupees came from sale of my wife's jewellery. I can provide some sort of evidence for that...
2. How much is the maintenance funds requirement? (is it 2800+1600X4) or less than that?
3. If i switch my immigration status to tier 1 (from within uk) and then apply for dependants entry clearance from pakistan separately, how much application fee shall i have to pay? (is it 400 pounds for each dependant or just 400 for my wife while kids apply for free)?

Please help, I desperately need ur support and guidance at this time....

Thanks
Hi mbasmart,

By going through UK visa application website in Pakistan I have come to the conclusion that probably there is no concept of one fee while applying from Pakistan. That means if u apply from Pakistan each one of ur dependent will have to pay the fee even if all of you apply together. Please note that fee from Pakistan is less i.e. £205 for each applicant. In your case your dependents will have to pay £205x4. If you also apply from Pakistan then it would be £205x5. Anyone please rectify me if I am wrong. http://www.ukvacpk.com/visafees.aspx

12 Lack is enough but to be on safe side deposit 1 or 2 lacks more into ur account in case pound starts getting stronger.

1. Entry clearance officer should not have any problem if ur account is in Pakistan. You along with ur dependents are applying from Pakistan and it is totally reasonable. You don’t have to give any evidence of gold sale………
2. For maintenance fund, u will have to show £2800 + £1600x4.
3. If u apply from UK then it will cost u £400 and then £205x4 for ur dependents to apply from Pakistan. If u want to go on holidays then my suggestion is to go to Pakistan and apply from there……

I hope this helps.