ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 5 - LTR Without Condition As To Time Endorsements

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:46 am

Hi All,

As many of us are very close to have 8 years legal residence based on work permit or working visa, I think that would be very useful to share information about Stamp 5 - Long Term Residence Without Condition As To Time Endorsement.

Is it hard to get ?
Did it take long ?
Did you get your passport back quick?
What documents do we need?
Have you met someone in person or it was only via mail/letters?

I know that most of us applied for citizenship but with the processing time for citizenship close to over 3 and 1/2 years it would be interesting to see how many people will apply for Stamp 5 and what the processing time are going to be.

Regards,

Mendo

P.S This is all I know about it from the INIS site:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements

Without Condition As To Time Endorsements
Categories of qualifying persons

1. Applicant has resided in the legally in the State more than eight years
2. Applicant has previous passport endorsement

If you have completed 8 years legal residency in Ireland excluding student conditions you may qualify for a "Without Condition as to Time" endorsement. In order for this office to ensure that you qualify for a "Without Condition As To Time" endorsement you are required to submit the following original documents:-

1. All expired passports in respect of yourself, since arriving in the State
2. Your current passport

New applications for Without Condition As To Time endorsements can be obtained only by post.

Renewal of Without Condition As To Time endorsements can be made by appointment or by post.
Appointments are available on Tuesday or Thursday mornings from 10.00am until 11.30am.
Applicants can arrange appointments by telephone via the Immigration Helpline, (01) 6167700, Option No. 3 (3).

Alternatively, individuals may make an application in writing by registered post to;

Without Condition Endorsement Section
INIS
3rd Floor
13 - 14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2

Accompanied by the relevant documentation and a short covering note including all their contact details.

###############################################

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... ndorsement

Without Condition Endorsement
Categories of qualifying persons

THROUGH PARENTS:
When one of the applicant's parents was born in the State.
Original documents required:
Mother???s or father's long-form civil birth certificate
If claiming through mother, civil marriage certificate is required because of possible change of maiden name
Applicant's long-form civil birth certificate
Applicant's current passport
THROUGH GRANDPARENT:
Applicant must produce Foreign Births Registration certificate issued by Dept. of Foreign Affairs plus applicant's passport
NATURALISATION/ POST NUPTIAL CITIZENSHIP (PNC):
Applicant must produce original naturalisation certificate/Post Nuptial Citizenship (PNC) certificate or Irish passport plus applicant's passport
PREVIOUSLY STAMPED:
Any applicant who has a previous Without Condition endorsement may have this stamp renewed in their current passport on production of both expired passport containing the endorsement and their current passport.
If an applicant has a parent who was granted citizenship by naturalisation/PNC/parentage/etc before the applicant in question was born, it is also open to him/her to obtain a Without Condition endorsement in his/her foreign passport.

The Without Condition endorsement can be obtained either by appointment or by post.
Appointments are available on Tuesday or Thursday mornings from 10.00am until 11.30am.
Applicants can arrange appointments by telephone via the Immigration Helpline, (01) 6167700, Option No. 3 (3).

Alternatively, individuals may make an application in writing by registered post to the

Without Condition Endorsement Section
INIS
3rd Floor
13 - 14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2.

Accompanied by the relevant documentation and a short covering note including all their contact details.
________
HONDA MT50 SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:24 pm

Seems like a good option alright. My key concerns would be:
1. Since we have to submit our original passport, if this process is lengthy it might be problematic. I know one other poster stated that he got it in 3 weeks' time.
2. DOn't know if this would negatively impact our citizenship application--there is no reason why it should, just as applying for LTR shouldn't affect the citizneship application.

In any case I haven't completed 8 years, if my naturalisation application is not processed by that time(this will in all probability be the case), it will be definitely worth applying.

I wonder if there is any change to spouse's work status if a person gets Stamp 5 approved. i.e. will my spouse be able to work without the need for a work permit/ visa??

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:25 am

babar asif posted this info in his post:

Hi Mendo,
First you have to ring them and explain your situation that you are waiting naturalization etc. In my case he gave me his name & asked me to send my application with all supporting documents including the old passports, a job letter, P60, mortgage letters etc. I got my passport back in 3 weeks but then you have to apply for re-entry visa.
good luck

Thank you very much for the info babar.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Friend advice advice
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:29 am

As I posted above it looks that they want more than the original passport:

-application form (it looks that you have to ring or write them a letter to get it)
-actual and old passports in original
-a job letter
-P60
-mortgage letters

Regards,

Mendo
________
Nsr500
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:03 am

mendo wrote:babar asif posted this info in his post:

Hi Mendo,
First you have to ring them and explain your situation that you are waiting naturalization etc. In my case he gave me his name & asked me to send my application with all supporting documents including the old passports, a job letter, P60, mortgage letters etc. I got my passport back in 3 weeks but then you have to apply for re-entry visa.
good luck

Thank you very much for the info babar.

Regards,

Mendo
Hey guys,

Can anybody explain to me what the 'without time endorsement' means and what's the benefit of this please? Is this something like LTR without time restrictions? many thanks to all, regards AI.

mendo

Post by mendo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:30 am

As far I can understand it, this was introduced to grant permanent residency not limited to 5 years anymore.

But it is based on the fact that you've been already resident for 8 years.
If you were resident for 5 years only, you can't apply for it, but instead you apply for normal LTR and you will get approval for 5 years only.

Another important thing is, that it is related to residence based on Work Permit/Working Visa to qualify for it.

It is handy if you haven't applied for the normal LTR or if you've got your 5 years LTR and another 3 years passed then and instead of renewing the 5 years one, you can apply for the LTR 'without time endorsement'.

It might be faster to get i think, because not too many people qualify for it, but I can't say it for sure.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Suzuki Cervo History
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:26 pm

mendo wrote:As far I can understand it, this was introduced to grant permanent residency not limited to 5 years anymore.

But it is based on the fact that you've been already resident for 8 years.
If you were resident for 5 years only, you can't apply for it, but instead you apply for normal LTR and you will get approval for 5 years only.

Another important thing is, that it is related to residence based on Work Permit/Working Visa to qualify for it.

It is handy if you haven't applied for the normal LTR or if you've got your 5 years LTR and another 3 years passed then and instead of renewing the 5 years one, you can apply for the LTR 'without time endorsement'.

It might be faster to get i think, because not too many people qualify for it, but I can't say it for sure.

Regards,

Mendo
That's cool, thanks Mendo. That's actually what I thought as well. I'm on working visa scheme and it's going to be exactly 8 years in January since I arrived in ireland. I'll wait a few more weeks after that and go to the INIS in Dublin and see if I can get anything. though posting the original passport is not a good idea. I hope they'll ask the copies because we all know from naturalisation application that it might take months :)...maybe years!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:24 pm

I believe they need original passport because they will actually stamp the passport and then send it back.
I guess the more people know about that scheme, the more applications there will be, and the longer it can take to process all of them.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:47 pm

I thought Stamp 5 was also given to family members of an EEA national, after 5 years? Stamp 5 EUFam? No?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Southern_Sky

Stamp 5 vs Stamp 6

Post by Southern_Sky » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:27 pm

Apparently there are two (2) variations of the 'Without Condition' endorsement:

1. 'Without Condition As To Time' - (Stamp 6) - based on 8 years residency in the State. :
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements

and

2. 'Without Condition' - (Stamp 5) - which is not time based but instead based on naturalization or post nuptial citizenship, or through Irish parents/grandparents. :
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... ndorsement

The Stamp 5 endorsement is particularly useful for those with dual-citizenship, who either wish not to apply for an Irish passport or those who prefer to use their non-Irish passport in certain travel scenarios, but yet show evidence of their citizenship when re-entering the State on their non-Irish passport.

Here is the list of Irish Immigration Stamps 1 - 6 :

Stamp 1– Issued to non-EEA nationals in possession of a work permit and to persons granted permission to engage in business in the State

Stamp 2 – Issued to full-time students

Stamp 3– Issued to visitors, tourists, spouses of work permit holders, persons receiving medical treatment and retired persons – employment is prohibited to holders of this Stamp

Stamp 4– Issued to spouses and dependents of EEA nationals, spouses of Irish nationals/parents of Irish citizens who have been granted permission to remain in the State on that basis, persons granted refugee status under the terms of the 1951 Geneva Convention, former asylum seekers granted humanitarian leave to remain and Programme refugees. Holders of this Stamp do not require a work permit or business permission. This Stamp is also issued to holders of Work Authorisations or Working Visas

Stamp 5– Issued to persons who have dual citizenship through; birth in Ireland; parent(s) born in Ireland; grandparent(s) born in Ireland (Foreign Births Register Certificate required from Department of Foreign Affairs); naturalization or post nuptial citizenship

Stamp 6– Issued to non-EEA nationals who have resided in the State for at least 8 years. It is issued based on the individual merits of each application;

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi, thanks for the link...was not aware of the 2nd variant...

greentea

Post by greentea » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:33 pm

Does anybody have stamp 5, what kind of wording is used for stamp 5. thanks

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:17 pm

What would family members of an EEA national get after 5 years? Stamp 5 EUFam or Stamp 6 EUFam? Me thinks the latter..

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Hello guys,

I rang INIS today to enquire about this endorsement. They told me to only submit all my original passports (current passport and expired passports), a copy of my GNIB card (not the original) and a cover letter by registered post.

They also told me the turnaround time for this is 10 working days.

They told me the stamp you get is a Stamp 6 and that it allows you to work without a work permit.

I told them I had applied for naturalisation and asked them whether this application will conflict with my naturalisation application. They told me that there's no conflict as they're two different, separate processes.

I didn't ask any other questions. You can contact them at their phone number (01) 6167700, option 3 and then option 5. They only entertain telephone enquiries on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00am to 12:30pm

So I will be submitting my application tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how things go.

Thanks,
LP

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:45 pm

benifa wrote:What would family members of an EEA national get after 5 years? Stamp 5 EUFam or Stamp 6 EUFam? Me thinks the latter..
I also think that the DoJ hasn't decided yet.

Anyone with Stamp 4 EUFam attained 5 years residency yet, who can give first hand experience?

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:32 pm

Just to keep everyone uptodate on this thread, Without condition as to time endorsement seems to be very straight forward Process and INIS dont take long to process application. Bigups INIS for this one :P.. In my case it took just 3 days.
Even as they say 10 days, its way shorter than LTR ... :)
Best of Luck... :)
Regards
Tiggs

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:40 pm

Another thing there is no p60's etc required.

All i sent was:
a) a cover letter
b) all passports (expired and current)

Thats it.

Regards
Tiggs

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:34 am

LuasPassenger wrote:Hello guys,

I rang INIS today to enquire about this endorsement. They told me to only submit all my original passports (current passport and expired passports), a copy of my GNIB card (not the original) and a cover letter by registered post.

They also told me the turnaround time for this is 10 working days.

They told me the stamp you get is a Stamp 6 and that it allows you to work without a work permit.

I told them I had applied for naturalisation and asked them whether this application will conflict with my naturalisation application. They told me that there's no conflict as they're two different, separate processes.

I didn't ask any other questions. You can contact them at their phone number (01) 6167700, option 3 and then option 5. They only entertain telephone enquiries on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00am to 12:30pm

So I will be submitting my application tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how things go.

Thanks,
LP
Hello!!

I just wanted to let ppl know that today I received my stamped passport by registered post. So yes, it's true what other people say, this process takes only 3-4 days.

Congratulations to INIS for such a great efficient process! :)

I now have to go to the GNIB office to get the GNIB card renewed. I will do this next week.

I have some questions for other people who already did this (get renewed GNIB card after "without condition as to time endorsement" in passport):
1. Did you have to pay 150 Euro again?
2. How long is the card valid for? For the whole duration of your passport or just for 1 year?
3. Does the new GNIB card say "Stamp 6"?

Thanks,
LP

d_amar_d
Newly Registered

Post by d_amar_d » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi Tiggs,

Can you please confirm did you sent application form along with your passport and covering letter please. Earlier in this thread, it is mentioned that application form will be sent only when you call them and request on phone or by writing them a letter. Your reply will help me in applying for this next week. I did try to call the immigration office, but the line was very very busy.

- Amar

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:47 am

Hi Amar,
There is NO application form as such. Just a cover letter (i.e. something on the lines..i have been here in ireland for etc etc....) and all your passports. Information given at start of thread is wrong. There is no need of P60 etc... Just a cover letter and all your passports (current and expired ones) ...and send it by registered post to address given.
Regards
Tiggs

Note :
-All they want to see is, you are legal resident(not student) for 96 months (i.e. 8 yrs) before, you can apply for this.

- I be going to GNIB first thing next week. Will paste my findings here.

rohrah2001
Newly Registered

Post by rohrah2001 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi,
What will happen to the spouse, if we get the stamp5/6, my wife is currently in Stamp1-spousal work permit.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rohrah

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:38 am

Hi Rohrah,
I will let you know on wednesday. Going to GNIB on wednesday :)
Regards
Tiggs

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:59 am

Hi Guys,

Received the WCT endorsement last week. Had been to GNIB, but the Immigration Officer said that I'll only get Stamp4 and not Stamp5. Also my spouse will only get stamp1 for 1 year. She has to renew her GNIB card and visa every year.

Tiggs, Please let us know how you get on. It'll be interesting to see if they give you stamp5.

Cheers,
Ace

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:41 am

Aceform wrote:Hi Guys,

Received the WCT endorsement last week. Had been to GNIB, but the Immigration Officer said that I'll only get Stamp4 and not Stamp5. Also my spouse will only get stamp1 for 1 year. She has to renew her GNIB card and visa every year.

Tiggs, Please let us know how you get on. It'll be interesting to see if they give you stamp5.

Cheers,
Ace
I was told on the phone (when I rang INIS) I would get Stamp 6.

For how long is your registration card valid for? Is it valid for the whole duration of your passport?
Did you have to pay the 150 EUR?

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:49 am

I was told on the phone (when I rang INIS) I would get Stamp 6.

For how long is your registration card valid for? Is it valid for the whole duration of your passport?
Did you have to pay the 150 EUR?[/b]
Yeah, got the stamp for the entire duration of my passport. And yes I had to pay 150 Euros for the GNIB card. But tbh the IO was seeing this for the first time, he had no clue about this WCT.

Does any one know the advantages of stamp5/6 over stamp4?

Thanks,
Ace