ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joy_kavee

Tier 1 General query

Post by joy_kavee » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:05 pm

hi

I applied for tier 1 general and my wife as dependant 2 weeks ago.
Before applying for it,i called the british high commission and i was told that they sort these issues within 24 hours .

However, each and every day that i call them, i am told that they are ' still awaiting information' and they will contact me once a decision is made.

All my bank statements, payslips etc are from UK, so i wonder why is it taking so long.

Anyone knows what is happening or is it normal for british high commission to respond in such way? Are they buying time?

And , what does they mean by ' awaiting information ' on your case?

Thanks

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:17 am

Hi Joy,

It takes time.. possibly they are doing some verification checks..

Just check other posts for details..

N

pjoshi007
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 1 General query

Post by pjoshi007 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:01 am

Hi There,

Where did u apply? I have a similar case and I am still awaiting confirmation. I have been living in the UK for 4 years and now in India to get EC for work permit. When I call them they say we are doing checks.

God knows whats happening.

Regardsa
Poonam

joy_kavee wrote:hi

Before applying for it,i called the british high commission and i was told that they sort these issues within 24 hours .

However, each and every day that i call them, i am told that they are ' still awaiting information' and they will contact me once a decision is made.

All my bank statements, payslips etc are from UK, so i wonder why is it taking so long.

Anyone knows what is happening or is it normal for british high commission to respond in such way? Are they buying time?

Thanks

drjabberwocky23

Re: Tier 1 General query

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:07 am

joy_kavee wrote:hi

Thanks
I think that some applications may be decided within 24 hours, but not all. Your circumstances may need further investigating/checking, and this may be what is taking so long. Remember that these things can easily take up to 6 weeks sometimes.