ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help on technical interview: MFC - VC++

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nitboy123
Newly Registered

help on technical interview: MFC - VC++

Post by nitboy123 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi.
I am new to this forum. I have a technical interview over phone with a company in northern ireland. I have 4 years experience. I am really nervous, due to all the pressure of not having a job for the last 4 months. This will be my first interview in the UK.. I want to do well, but because of the lack of interview calls, I feel pressured too...

I dont have an idea what they will expect of me in the interview questions. Can experienced people tell me what kind of interview I can expect in the UK ? Will it be hardcore like how it is in India ?

Please enlighten me on the type of questions - am very scared and nervous.

Skillset is MFC/VC++

Thanks
Nitin

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: help on technical interview: MFC - VC++

Post by gotcha » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:41 am

nitboy123 wrote:Hi.
I dont have an idea what they will expect of me in the interview questions. Can experienced people tell me what kind of interview I can expect in the UK ?
Don't worry, getting to attend interview(on telephone though) is achivement in UK. Employer will never ask to interview , unless it is seriously interested in you. So don't worry.
Will it be hardcore like how it is in India ?
In my opinion no. It will not be interview like India, where interviewer tries to show his/her knowledge and in process humiliates you.

Perfect basic things. Because if you could not answer basic things , then that's very bad impression.

And remember, getting interview call from emplyer is half battle won !

All the best ! Post update.

nitboy123
Newly Registered

Post by nitboy123 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:28 am

Thanks, will they be asking questions like how to do this, how to do that etc., ?

so you are suggesting that they will ask me the basics of mfc....

Being a telephone interview am worried how i could explain certain things.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:10 am

Normal questions vary quite a lot, but expect things like:

1. How did you use your technical skills in order to improve business processes in your last role?

2. What makes you think that you can deliver the services that are required for this role, rather than someone else with the same technical experiences as you?

3. What do you know about the company? (* probably goes without saying but RESEARCH a company before you go to an interview. Be keen on what they do and thier business model)

It will be thiongs similar and around that area... there might be the odd one thrown in here and there but generally if you just relax and answer all the quiestions, you'll probably find it quite easy :)

nshar1

Re: help on technical interview: MFC - VC++

Post by nshar1 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:56 am

In my opinion no. It will not be interview like India, where interviewer tries to show his/her knowledge and in process humiliates you.

I just realized how true this is !!

Interviewing in india depends more on what the interviewer knows or has recently read.
It depends less on what you know.
It hardly ever depends on what you are capable of knowing or doing.

:)

All the best for your interview !!

nitboy123
Newly Registered

Post by nitboy123 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:30 pm

Thank you all for the tips.

I am brushing up my MFC knowledge. Suddenly everything seems to be out of my mind and I feel like I dont know anything. This morning I forgot the base class for CDoc / Cview classes and panicked a bit... that I didnt know everything

Anyway, I assume I will gain some confidence in the next 20 hrs. Thank you all for your wishes. I pray God for job seekers like me to have some luck and reward for their efforts.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:34 pm

Hello Nitin,

Softskills matters a lot in UK, so be pleasing on the phone.

Be thorough with MFC basics, for example-MFC message mapping, the purpose of CObject, the class hierarchy etc. If they feel that you got the basic MFC design philosophy - they will take you.

All the best for your interview!If time permits, go through the link below for interview tips

http://www.redgoldfish.co.uk/cvinfo/preparefor.asp

Jim