ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent resident visa issued can I visit us before I move?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

helium
Newly Registered

Permanent resident visa issued can I visit us before I move?

Post by helium » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:28 am

Hi,

I have received the first part of my permanent residency US visa but still need to complete the process when I enter the US. The visa is due to expire in June and we are not planning to move until May. If we want to take a week's trip to US before this should I complete the visa process or just enter on a tourist visa?

Thanks in advance for any help

jbinuk

Post by jbinuk » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:59 pm

I've done similar thing before. But wht I've done was that I entered the US before the expiration of the temporary permanent visa. I brought my visa papers with me as they were required to be submitted at the first point of entry because I was entering as a permanent resident. Afterwards a couple weeks I went back here in UK. Then my green card was processed and sent to my wife who was then already living in the US. She sent me my greencard..and now I am using it to enter the US.