ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER1: ISA accepted as Maintainance Funds?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aspirant09

TIER1: ISA accepted as Maintainance Funds?

Post by aspirant09 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:56 pm

hi, I have an savings account and an ISA which i generally donot use for any tranactional purposes.
I am curious to know if that is acceptable as maiantaince funds ( 800GBP) for the TIER 1 application.
Also, what should i provide as a proof of funds as the statements on both these accounts show only the balance and no tranactions.
Please advise.

Cheers!
:-)

moneypenny

Post by moneypenny » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:15 pm

I used an ISA for mine and got it approved no problem. I did make sure I had a couple of transactions every month but I am not sure if it made a difference or not...

I would think that the statements should at least have transactions for interest earned each month... I would used statements and a bank letter. I think the bank letter would make the application stronger, but technically shouldn't be necessary.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:40 am

Bank letter is would be much better option compared to statements. only
current account statements are very strong because they are issued monthly and clear evidence.