ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IrlNational2009
Newly Registered

Naturalisation query

Post by IrlNational2009 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi All, I need advice from you guys. I have applied for naturalisation in mid 2006 and have sent my additional document like p21 etc in Sept last year. I have a permanent residency. Now due to economic downturn I have lost my job. I have never been unemployed before. I am in financial difficulties and my creditors wants proof that I have registered for social welfare job seekers allowance. I am wondering if I register with them would that affect my naturalisation application?

guessaname
Newly Registered

Post by guessaname » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Yes, if you register in DOLE (social welfare) your naturalisation application may get rejected.

newman1978
Newly Registered

Post by newman1978 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi, I've applied for naturalisation in mid 2007 and happen to be on the dole between temp jobs as had no other options. Yeah, as far as I know it does influence your application not in your favour, but I spoke to few people, my solicitor and immigrant council, they say it all depends how lucky you are when they examine your applic. and 2nd - if you are requested to provide additional docs before the decision is made - this is where the problem would be !!!
I don't know if everyones getting requests on additional docs., my frined recently did so I'll post the topic on how many people are getting requests ( hope not everybody ) on additional docs to see what line of action to take. I would advise you to stay away from social welfare until you get the approval. I know, it's easier said then done, especially if finances are tight...Will pm if get more info on this 1.