ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse LTR -> ILR but with 93 consecutive days out of UK.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dan_N
Newly Registered

Spouse LTR -> ILR but with 93 consecutive days out of UK.

Post by dan_N » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:04 am

Hiya,

I'm back again after this board was remarkably helpful in helping me and my wife succesfully apply for a spousal LTR visa in november 07. I believe i said thanks when we got that, but thanks again regardless!

So we're starting to think about the next stage of our visa negotiations, and after a little research, i've realised that we might have a small problem, in that my wife and I spent 93 days in her home town in Michigan, USA last summer. My wife hadn't been home for 3 years, i have just lost my job, and she was able to get 3 months holiday, so it seemed like a good time for me to get to know her family, and for her to get to spend some time with them!

However i've just noticed that 'not more than 90 consecutive days out of the uk' seems to be a condition of the ILR? Can anyone confirm this for me, and give me an idea of how strict a condition it is?

I really want to get the ILR for my spouse, as we have discussed moving over to the USA for a short while in 2010, and i would rather not go through the hassle of applying for a LTR visa again, presuming that is the process?

Thanks!

Dan

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:31 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dan_N
Newly Registered

Post by dan_N » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:06 pm

thanks very much vinny :)