ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CV maintainance in database

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Salina
BANNED

CV maintainance in database

Post by Salina » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:04 pm

Hello Guys,

I dont know how many of you are on the same boat, but thought to have a word with you guys,

As i am a telecom engineer worked for some good companies in uk, but due to market crunch i am out of job from last 6 months.

Due to that 6 months gap i am facing a lot of problem from consultancies keep on questioning what u been doing why u been away for that long.....

so if i change the cv (bring up the experiance) what particulars do i need to change so that they will not recognize me as old job seeker

example: name,mail id, contact no, latest job........

Regards
Salina

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:25 pm

You can't fake your resume? so you need to convience agencies that you were looking actively but no luck due to lots of competetion out there...etc.. Assure them that you are still looking and have got what it takes to secure those jobs.. its all up to you. Good luck and keep trying.
Kaff

nshar1

Re: CV maintainance in database

Post by nshar1 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:55 am

Salina wrote:Hello Guys,

I dont know how many of you are on the same boat, but thought to have a word with you guys,

As i am a telecom engineer worked for some good companies in uk, but due to market crunch i am out of job from last 6 months.

Due to that 6 months gap i am facing a lot of problem from consultancies keep on questioning what u been doing why u been away for that long.....

so if i change the cv (bring up the experiance) what particulars do i need to change so that they will not recognize me as old job seeker

example: name,mail id, contact no, latest job........

Regards
Salina
You can't hide your history but then you don't have to.

Put a contract job on your CV and start afresh by reposting your CV on job boards with a new email ID and if possible a new phone number.
It hardly matters if they have your old records in their databases.

Tell anybody who is looking at your old CV that he/she is looking at an old CV and you can send him/her an updated one.

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:43 pm

wont people ask you for documents if you simply fake a contractor position ?

i thought people would ask you evidence of your contractor position if you apply anywhere...

its not like you are paid cash in hand isnt it ?