ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rockyloveday
Newly Registered

Tier 4

Post by rockyloveday » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:18 pm

under tier 4 , if 9600 pounds are in u r sponcers account is it gona b acceptable?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:05 am

That really depends on your relationship with the sponsor. If it is Uncle Tom then no amount of money in his account is going to get you through. If it is Mum & Dad then you are in a safer zone. However it has to be fairly clear that the money will be avialble to you.

jugnu
Newly Registered

Post by jugnu » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:40 am

Frontier Mole wrote:That really depends on your relationship with the sponsor. If it is Uncle Tom then no amount of money in his account is going to get you through. If it is Mum & Dad then you are in a safer zone. However it has to be fairly clear that the money will be avialble to you.
Frontier Mole- So does it mean that this money has to be in the account of sponsor or the applicant for last 3 months same like tier 1 without dropping for a single day???

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:25 am

The simple answer is no BUT given that the money has to be demonstrated and that it is available to you it would be expected that the money is able to be traced to the account in the longer term. In other words suddenly appearing from "no where" is going to cause concerns as to where and how the money came about.

Some have complained it is a charter for the rich and it excludes the entry to those that can not amass this type of money. That is the idea as it is an attempt to ensure that students do not come to the UK to work in order to pay for their study.

jugnu
Newly Registered

Post by jugnu » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:23 am

Frontier Mole wrote:The simple answer is no BUT given that the money has to be demonstrated and that it is available to you it would be expected that the money is able to be traced to the account in the longer term. In other words suddenly appearing from "no where" is going to cause concerns as to where and how the money came about.

Some have complained it is a charter for the rich and it excludes the entry to those that can not amass this type of money. That is the idea as it is an attempt to ensure that students do not come to the UK to work in order to pay for their study.
Thanks for your quick reply.So with the new system the good thing was that there would be no ambiguity. But going by what you say it will be still be in the hands of entry clearance officer's discretion whether they agree to the source of funds or not. Am I right in presuming so?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Having X amount in a bank does NOT and never will mean that X is available to the individual. It is well known that many people borrow large amounts to enter into their bank account to boost if not totally conceal the fact that they do not have the funds required. I think you will find that little changes in the way the ECO view funds held in bank accounts, tier 4 on not.

That is why credibility will always be a subjective point, if it can not be demonstrated that the funds are legitimate and able to be used by the student then of course the ECO is going to reject the entry visa.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Having X amount in a bank does NOT and never will mean that X is available to the individual. It is well known that many people borrow large amounts to enter into their bank account to boost if not totally conceal the fact that they do not have the funds required. I think you will find that little changes in the way the ECO view funds held in bank accounts, tier 4 on not.

That is why credibility will always be a subjective point, if it can not be demonstrated that the funds are legitimate and able to be used by the student then of course the ECO is going to reject the entry visa.
FM - I will be thankful if you could let me know, how did you get all this informatin. I need to see the source OR these are just assumptions.

I have read Tier 4 statement of intent in detail however could not find anything to in detail about maintanence funds requirement. I also tried to explore UKBA web site main page for Tier 4 students but could not find to the point information about the maintenance funds clause.

Things I am not clear are:

1. Who can be sponsor? and why uncle Sam and uncle Tom can not be a sponsor?
2. How long the amount needs to be in sponsor's account?
3. If someone sells the land or property and money is originated from that source then is that acceptable?
4. For those already in the U.K extending their student visas, can they have sponsors or money needs to be in students account? If they can have sponsor then how long for money (say £9600 needs to be in the sponor's account) if the student is showing his/her own bank statement then how long for money needs to be in his/her own account? The thing is how can this be justified that money is genuinely available and not borrowed.

I will be thankful if you could highlight the source of your answers...

I suppose, under points based system the above points should be black and white. If not then the PBS is useless and ECOs can accept or refuse applications at their will (just like before the launch of PBS...... Things should be black and white about maintenance funds as well.. just like as they are Black and white for Tier 1 application..

jugnu
Newly Registered

Post by jugnu » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:53 am

rizwan567 wrote:
Frontier Mole wrote:Having X amount in a bank does NOT and never will mean that X is available to the individual. It is well known that many people borrow large amounts to enter into their bank account to boost if not totally conceal the fact that they do not have the funds required. I think you will find that little changes in the way the ECO view funds held in bank accounts, tier 4 on not.

FM - I will be thankful if you could let me know, how did you get all this informatin. I need to see the source OR these are just assumptions.

I have read Tier 4 statement of intent in detail however could not find anything to in detail about maintanence funds requirement. I also tried to explore UKBA web site main page for Tier 4 students but could not find to the point information about the maintenance funds clause.

Things I am not clear are:

1. Who can be sponsor? and why uncle Sam and uncle Tom can not be a sponsor?
2. How long the amount needs to be in sponsor's account?
3. If someone sells the land or property and money is originated from that source then is that acceptable?
4. For those already in the U.K extending their student visas, can they have sponsors or money needs to be in students account? If they can have sponsor then how long for money (say £9600 needs to be in the sponor's account) if the student is showing his/her own bank statement then how long for money needs to be in his/her own account? The thing is how can this be justified that money is genuinely available and not borrowed.

I will be thankful if you could highlight the source of your answers...

I suppose, under points based system the above points should be black and white. If not then the PBS is useless and ECOs can accept or refuse applications at their will (just like before the launch of PBS...... Things should be black and white about maintenance funds as well.. just like as they are Black and white for Tier 1 application..
Very true the roll out of the policy has been pathetic, half baked information is being given out which is creating confusion and chaos.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:49 pm

Sorry the document I have is not available on the outward facing UKBA site. It was only for view by certain agencies and publicly funded institutions.

The points I have brought up are covered in the draft policy statement BUT not in the detail to answer rizwan567.

The issue about who is an acceptable sponsor will be outlined at the final version of the policy. Uncle Tom is not going to be acceptable unless Uncle Tom is the legal guardian etc. of the student.

On or after 10/3/09 there will be a statement on the maintenance requirements.

godfatherdon

Post by godfatherdon » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:06 pm

Johnson02
BANNED

Post by Johnson02 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:31 am

From the information you have supplied he should take the advice from the HO.