ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is 3-year old funding a public fund?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ugurevin
Newly Registered

Is 3-year old funding a public fund?

Post by ugurevin » Sun May 02, 2004 11:21 am

My child attends a private nursery and I received a letter from the nursery that my child is eligible for 3-year old funding. Is this a public fund that I cannot use under HSMP visa?

Regards,
Ugur

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue May 04, 2004 10:59 am

This appears to be part of the working family/ child tax credit component as applicable under the Inlad Revenue scheme to help families with child care. My understanding is that anyone who has a 'no recourse to public funds' condition is not eligible for such support.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue May 04, 2004 11:27 am

Kayalami wrote:This appears to be part of the working family/ child tax credit component as applicable under the Inlad Revenue scheme to help families with child care. My understanding is that anyone who has a 'no recourse to public funds' condition is not eligible for such support.

I am not advocating for anyone to resort to public funds - But, how does the home office find out if some 'soul' has used public funds..like Child Benefit???

Do they contact DSS when reviewing applications???
Where there is a will there is a way.

crazychris

Post by crazychris » Fri May 07, 2004 3:12 am

In other country, work permit holder are entitled to apply for some social beneficial like free medical treatment, kindergarten allowance etc. This is because work permit holder are tax payer like local citizen.
But work permit holder have no right to receive the allowance for unemployed and poverty citizen.
Above all, the work permit holder have the right to receive any social benefit for tax payer.
But this is only my personal view. You had better to enquiry Home Office.