ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeframe for ILR- Workpermit based

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:31 am

Manu,
how r things going at ur end then ..di u got ur wife's passport back then ?
wanted to ask u one thing. u know the letter that we need to furnish from our employer stating that our employment is still going on etc etc ..well my employer has send that letetr and send a soft copy with a scanned signature pasted on the letter from the dir of the company.

do u think i should ask them to send me a hard copy properly signed or would that be enough (the soft copy i mean )

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:01 pm

Surdy...still waiting on her passport.... get same answer everytime I call... there is no published time frame so cannot tell anything more... Have asked my local MP to chase this again so hopefully this might help...

I had send a hard copy from my HR dept on my company letter head... so try getting if you can... better be safe than sorry...

IndianUK... in your situation the only thing I can think of is apply for HSMP or whatever it is called now... there are loads of other thread on this forum which might help u...

cheers

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:26 pm

thanks manu. i felt the same and hence have asked my HR to send a hard copy ..thanks for ur adice !

and hope u get her passport soon !

SW
- thin ice -

Post by SW » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi All,

Is SEGS (Science and Engineering Work permit) counted for ILR?

I was initially on it and before my company manged to get WP - I had to go to India for 4 months - though was still an employee for them - will that be ok ? :roll:

Thanks

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Guys a bit of advice.... if you get any problems with delay in your application then ask your local MPs office to chase,,, it does speed up.... for 2 weeks i was waiting for correction on my wifes passport....always get same answer from HO... its under process...no published timeframe... i asked my local MP last friday and today I got a call from Case worker apologizing for her mistake and confirming Passport has been send by special delivery..... thanks to My MP...Vote Labour....

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:46 am

cograts manu..i guess that ends the saga for u then ..mine starts monday when i go to croydon for the stamping..shall post when i come out of it !!
wish me luck !!

mabsa
Newly Registered

Post by mabsa » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:51 pm

After 14 weeks i called the HO today to check the progress of my application. The answer was " waiting for consideration".

CKMANOJ can you please guide me which address i should send the complaint form. i m living in london

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Best of luck Surdy... Things will be fine for you...

MBSA - this link explains how to make a complaint. Send it to your local office I guess which is London office..see on right column in the link... Also get in touch with your local MP... this is one of their duties to help us with.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/contac ... complaint/

mabsa
Newly Registered

Post by mabsa » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks MANOJ.

dblore123
Newly Registered

Post by dblore123 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Can you guys please share the number you use to call home office. Is there any other number other than 08706067766.

Thanks in Advance.
dblore

mabsa
Newly Registered

Post by mabsa » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:48 pm

The alternative numbers are no longer active. 0870... number is the only option i think.

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:14 am

the trick to get around annoying message to call back later is..... listen the whole message once... then keep redialling again, but disconnecting as soon as you hear annoying message....try 5-6 times sometimes more and you will get through.... but i think no point calling till 14 weeks and after 14 weeks make an official complaint and you will be sorted...

surdy77

Got my ILR

Post by surdy77 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:33 am

Hey guys,
I am very happy to inform you that i got my ILR stamped yesterday when i went to the PEO Croydon ..it took me 5 hrs as they had a 2 hr delay ..but got there in the end ..i am a very relieved man now !!

mabsa
Newly Registered

Post by mabsa » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:12 am

Congrats, pray for me.
can you share your experience at croyden?

sbparekh
Newly Registered

Post by sbparekh » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:30 am

The other Number is 01142072966. This is sheffield office number. The guys on this number are quiet better than 0870 number.

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:52 am

Well here is my experience at the PEO croydon yesterday

background - 5 yrs on a WP with the same employer and without any breaks of over 90 days ..!

i reached croydon at 1pm as my appt was at 2pm ..got to the ground floor where they check ur docs..all well and was told to go up on first floor to pay fees..did that and was told that there is a delay of 2 hrs ..

anyhow got called at 3:20PM ..the guy was an Indian and was really angry over something..coz he looked at my passports and threw them on his deak ..same with photos etc..i didnt said anything coz obv didnt wanted to pi** him off .

he took around 30 mins doing data entry in his computer and then asked for my last 5 yrs work permits, 3 months bank statements, 3 months payslips and letter from employer !

I generally take half my salary as taxable and half as expenses and he didnt seem to have understood the concept of expenses and started saying that ur doing a tax fraud etc..i said to him that the expenses i take are HMRC approved , but obv he didnt wanted to hear all this and kept on telling me that the rules are changing blah blah blah ...i quetly listened to all this ..then he asked for my last 4 yrs P60's and said he needs to speak his sr manager abt it ..came back 30 mins later with a wicked grin on his face and said that he has approved my ILR.

after that i waited for an hr to get my pasports back !

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:31 am

congrats Surdy.... Glad tension is over for you as well...
MBSA...dont worry you will be fine as well...

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:07 am

Congrats Surdy.

Mbasa are you past the 14 week mark, have you called them - complaints, MP etc?

mabsa
Newly Registered

Post by mabsa » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Thanks CKMANOJ and VIPERWIPER for your response.

Viperwiper: what is your timeframe?.
i have passed 15 weeks. status still waiting for consideration.

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:59 pm

Hi Mbasa,

Thanks for the reply - maybe you should do a complaint and also get in touch with your MP - that might help

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:05 pm

thanks guys..i know its a good feeling when your on ther safer side ..!
also manu r u applying for brit citizenship for ur kids then ..i am applying for my son's as he was born here.
also any ideas whether we can get child benefits now ?

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:44 am

I am not sure about brit Citizenship yet as dont we need to to wait for 1 year before we can apply for naturalisation or citizenship.

My daughter was born here as well.... is there a different rule for kids born in uk to indian parents? Surdy- where can I find some info on this?

For child benefit you need to download form from HMRC website and send it to a address on the form. they say it takes couple of weeks. We applied in end of Jan but not heard anything except they have recieved our applications, not chasing up on this though it will come when it comes just another saving for our daughter...

munisa

Post by munisa » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:53 am

surdy77 wrote:Well here is my experience at the PEO croydon yesterday

background - 5 yrs on a WP with the same employer and without any breaks of over 90 days ..!

i reached croydon at 1pm as my appt was at 2pm ..got to the ground floor where they check ur docs..all well and was told to go up on first floor to pay fees..did that and was told that there is a delay of 2 hrs ..

anyhow got called at 3:20PM ..the guy was an Indian and was really angry over something..coz he looked at my passports and threw them on his deak ..same with photos etc..i didnt said anything coz obv didnt wanted to pi** him off .

he took around 30 mins doing data entry in his computer and then asked for my last 5 yrs work permits, 3 months bank statements, 3 months payslips and letter from employer !

I generally take half my salary as taxable and half as expenses and he didnt seem to have understood the concept of expenses and started saying that ur doing a tax fraud etc..i said to him that the expenses i take are HMRC approved , but obv he didnt wanted to hear all this and kept on telling me that the rules are changing blah blah blah ...i quetly listened to all this ..then he asked for my last 4 yrs P60's and said he needs to speak his sr manager abt it ..came back 30 mins later with a wicked grin on his face and said that he has approved my ILR.

after that i waited for an hr to get my pasports back !
Congratulations Surdy 77,

Surdy77 please help me out here. I am due to apply for ILR in a couple of months and when I discussed this with my employer they said they can only write a reference letter headed 'TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN' . Will the PEO guys accept that or it must be addressed to the UKBA. Also what should be in the body of the letter other than saying I work with them from date yy and my gross pay is xx?
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:40 pm

Manu,
Yes for children born here in the UK after 1 jan 1983 as soon as the parents become "settled" which means gain ILR then the childen can apply for naturilzation. go to bia website , under british citizenship and then under eligiblity and then under children . you need to fill in a form called MN1. i have filled the same and sending it thru NCS service.

you and your wife will have to wait for 1 yr before u can apply for the same.

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:42 pm

munisa
yes my letter also said "to whomsoever it may concern" and it stated that i have bee working with this eomplyer since XXX time and that my employment is of permanent and ongoing nature and there is no reason for this to change.
also it said that now he wishes to apply for ILR in which we would like tyo asist him in any nature req.

i hope thathelps !