ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What docs we need to Carry?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Humana

What docs we need to Carry?

Post by Humana » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:06 am

Hi All,

Can anybody please elaborate what all documents we should carry while entering first time in UK on Tier1 Visa.

Prompt replies will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Humana

Re: What docs we need to Carry?

Post by Humana » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:22 am

Seniors please reply ....

raja-a
Newly Registered

Post by raja-a » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:28 pm

TB test/Chest Xray, address where you will stay because you have to fill in a landing card. I will suggest you to keep all documents you provided for your tier 1 application with you. Most important keep all these documents in your hand carry

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 pm

Humana wrote:Hi All,

Can anybody please elaborate what all documents we should carry while entering first time in UK on Tier1 Visa.

Regards.
Basically everything that you submitted for Tier-1 approval; Proof of arrangements for stay; Sufficient funds- cash+ TC/ Bank deposits etc. Chest X-ray Report
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Humana

Post by Humana » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:16 am

push_hsmp wrote:
Humana wrote:Hi All,

Regards.
Basically everything that you submitted for Tier-1 approval; Proof of arrangements for stay; Sufficient funds- cash+ TC/ Bank deposits etc. Chest X-ray Report
Thanks for your replies.

Is it possible that (first time) after two nights stay (Just to make entry) we come back and then go back there after two months (for long stay)???

Humana

Post by Humana » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:45 pm

Seniors please reply.....

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:54 pm

Humana wrote:Is it possible that (first time) after two nights stay (Just to make entry) we come back and then go back there after two months (for long stay)???
If you have valid reason to show incase immigration officer asks u, you can travel to UK before expiry of ur visa.. why u want to waste money on flight tickets etc.. why dont u fly after 2months only..

2months is not a bad timing and u can easily cover it saying somebody is ill so had to postpone IF n only IF n only IF IM officer asks u...

Goodluck

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:12 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Humana wrote:Is it possible that (first time) after two nights stay (Just to make entry) we come back and then go back there after two months (for long stay)???
If you have valid reason to show incase immigration officer asks u, you can travel to UK before expiry of ur visa.. why u want to waste money on flight tickets etc.. why dont u fly after 2months only..

2months is not a bad timing and u can easily cover it saying somebody is ill so had to postpone IF n only IF n only IF IM officer asks u...

Goodluck
+ 1

Humana

Post by Humana » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:32 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Goodluck
Thanks tvn_ramesh for your reply.

I understand your point. Just to cover the 28 days rule I am thinking about it. So that on filing ILR, I will not any problem. Otherwise I will have to go for another extension. I want to know your views on this .... :?

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:02 pm

Humana wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Goodluck
Thanks tvn_ramesh for your reply.

I understand your point. Just to cover the 28 days rule I am thinking about it. So that on filing ILR, I will not any problem. Otherwise I will have to go for another extension. I want to know your views on this .... :?
I don't see any 28-day rule anywhere. What do you mean by 28-day rule? After you are granted multi-visit 3-years tier1 visa, you are entitled to arrive UK anytime within your visa validity period. One of the requirements for ILR says you should not be out of the country for more than 90 days in any of the quilifying year.

Loads of post reg 28-day rule to enter UK. Who is spreading out this rumor?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:33 pm

hsmp28122006 wrote: One of the requirements for ILR says you should not be out of the country for more than 90 days in any of the quilifying year.
rumor?
Guys.. just check this link, we had a big discussion way back (last sept 08) and info for ILR requirement:

"ILR residency requirements - 225 days absence allowed in 5 years with a 90 day time-limit on a single trip. I am not sure if this is applicable only to the main applicant (e.g.- WP holder) or to the dependents also. Search the forum for more information. "

Discussion LINK on ILR