ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

where i can travel with resident permit uk

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kasienka87
Newly Registered

where i can travel with resident permit uk

Post by kasienka87 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi

My husband is South African and have uk Resident Permit . Does he need visa to travel to european countrys even if i am eu?????

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:27 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:38 pm

"Third-country nationals who are members of an EU citizen’s family and who accompany the EU citizen moving to a Member State other than that of which he or she is a national or who join the EU citizen residing there are covered by different rules as they can benefit from Directive 2004/38/EC on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.

Further details on the rights of family members of EU citizens can be found in the Guide on the Directive [256 KB] or on the Your Europe portal which provides practical information on rights and opportunities in the European Union and advice on how to exercise these rights in practice.

The entry requirementsfor crossing the borders between/to the EU countries that are not in the Schengen area are the same as for crossing the external borders, except for the United Kingdom and Ireland which do not apply the Schengen Borders Code and have their own national regulations on those issues. However, under Directive 2004/38/EC, EU citizens have a right to enter these two countries on presentation of a passport or ID card . Third-country members of their family accompanying or joining them in the UK and Ireland can enter on presentation of a valid passport and of a valid visa or of a residence card of a family
".

http://ec.europa.eu/justice_home/fsj/fr ... hts_en.htm
Charles4u