ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just checking the latest status around visiting UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spud
Newly Registered

Just checking the latest status around visiting UK

Post by spud » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:54 am

All,

Lots of information here but knowing things change just wanted to double check the situation..

So I'm British resident in the Netherland with none EEA wife resident in the Netherlands based on the terms of the family directive.

So I fancy a weekend in London with her... so am I correct we have to make an application for the EEA family permit (all 14 pages) for this?

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:30 pm

21.4.8 - Non-EEA Family Members of British Nationals (Surinder Singh cases) wrote:Because EEA nationals have an initial three month right of residence in the UK, there is no requirement for the British national to be a qualified person on arrival. Therefore, an EEA family permit can be issued to the family member of a British national even if they are only visiting the UK with the British national before returning to the Member State where they are resident.
Entry without an EEA family permit may be possible under 11(4).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.