ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa from Spain

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jaydee
Newly Registered

Settlement visa from Spain

Post by Jaydee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:01 pm

I am British and am married to a Ukrainian girl.We have a son born here in spain who holds a British passport.We have just been refused an EEA family permit because I couldnt prove that I had been working here in Spain.I am now applying for a settlement visa for my wife and have to return to Madrid in two weeks with her application and fee.Does anyone know how long this procedure will take and if I need to show proof of working in Spain for this ? We want to return to the UK asap as the house we are living in is being sold and the sale should be completed within 3 weeks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:05 am

Oddly, when we applied in Madrid for a settlement visa for my Moroccan
husband under UK law, the ECO asked him to return with a copy of his Vida Laboral...but asked nothing about whether I had been working in Spain. We also had to show proof that 5,000 euros deposited in our bank account was from the sale of our car.
The ECO granted the visa the next day when the Vida Laboral and receipt were presented. We both had written job offers in the UK.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:34 pm

A firend of mine had the same problem in Italy....as she had a 6 ,month old daughter and had not been working since mid pregnancy.....but she submitted all her prior work contracts.....with a cover sheet stating when and where she worked (as Italy has a tendancy not to give work contracts) she submitted lots of evidence (which she did not have to do in accordance with the directive) and was issued with a family permit free of charge 10 days later!!!

If I was you I would complain to the European Commission and Solvit and anybody else you can think of.....and they will have to issue you with a permit!!! They have to!

Follow the link below!!

http://ec.europa.eu/community_law/your_ ... rms_en.htm

It is not right that emabassies are getting away with not implementing the Directive!

A settlement visa costs alot of money right?

Jaydee
Newly Registered

Post by Jaydee » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:17 pm

The settlement visa costs 630 euros with no guarantee that it will work !! I was working here last year but without a contract.I can get various payslips letters etc but no "vida laboral " When we went to Madrid we didnt know we had to have this and the guy at the counter said "we just need something to say you were exercising your treaty right by working here in Spain,even if it was for just one day " I got a fella who I had done 3 weeks work for last year to fax over a letter stating this to them. They sent our refusal this week which to me is crazy as I am British as is our son of 7 months.Why are they making it difficult for his mother (my wife) to come home with us ?

Jaydee
Newly Registered

Post by Jaydee » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:25 am

I have since been on the phone to Worldbridge and explained my situation.I explained that even though we were married here in Spain my wife doesnt have residency here.He said that as she is here illegally we must go to the Ukraine to apply for her visa.Does anyone know if this is true ?