ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant application from Pak

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

engrmbk
Newly Registered

Re: fund requirement

Post by engrmbk » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:49 pm

baheri wrote:Guys can anyone help me in maintenence funds requirement? Basically, ma wife applied for Tier 1 General dependent visa in Oct 2008. Jus in 9 days she was refused as immigration officer stated dat he is satisfied wid all da documents except for maintenence requirements as bank statements were more than 3 months old n also we were not aware of 1600 requirements.
I was wondering if some one can tell me how much minimum funds i need to keep in account to meet dis blooody requirement?
will appreciate for answer!!!!
Salam Baheri,

It is very sad that ur wife visa was refused. Now days everyone under Tier category has to show the evidence of maintenance fund. Please browse UKBA website before applying as it has all the information you need, even if u search this forum it will give u a lot of information regarding maintenance fund.

According to new rules there should be at least £1600 in ur or ur wife bank account for at least three months. If you don’t fulfil this requirement then it will not be possible for ur wife to get a visa under Tier1 Gen Category.

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:47 am

thanks for ur reply mate. u have said that 'If u want to go on holidays then my suggestion is to go to Pakistan and apply from there'…… could u please elaborate as to why u feel that way? i mean won't it be safer if i switch my immigration status to tier 1 (from UK) and when i would have got it, i can come back to paksitan and apply for my dependants. i understand that it wud cost me more, but that sounds a bit safer to me because u never know how ruthlessly they handle ur application in Pakistan. what do u reckon?

Another very important thing that i wanted to ask u:

I dont have any photographs of my wedding. Although i have NikahNama, English translation, Kids' birth certificates from Hospital, kids 'B' form etc. but i dont have wedding photos (because our wedding did not take place in normal circumstances, we did court marriage). what should i do? i've seen some examples where cases were rejected because they did not provide weddings photos. what options do i have?

engrmbk
Newly Registered

Post by engrmbk » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:38 am

mbasmart wrote:thanks for ur reply mate. u have said that 'If u want to go on holidays then my suggestion is to go to Pakistan and apply from there'…… could u please elaborate as to why u feel that way? i mean won't it be safer if i switch my immigration status to tier 1 (from UK) and when i would have got it, i can come back to paksitan and apply for my dependants. i understand that it wud cost me more, but that sounds a bit safer to me because u never know how ruthlessly they handle ur application in Pakistan. what do u reckon?

Another very important thing that i wanted to ask u:

I dont have any photographs of my wedding. Although i have NikahNama, English translation, Kids' birth certificates from Hospital, kids 'B' form etc. but i dont have wedding photos (because our wedding did not take place in normal circumstances, we did court marriage). what should i do? i've seen some examples where cases were rejected because they did not provide weddings photos. what options do i have?
I suggested applying from Pakistan caz I thought it would save u some money and also u can have holidays. If you all apply together then ur family can join u in less time, if u apply from here first then UKBA will take 4 to 6 weeks to process ur application and then 4 to 6 weeks for ur family from Pakistan. But ur point is valid, it is safer for u to apply from here and then apply for ur family, by the way applying from Pakistan will save you only around 200 pounds.

Regarding wedding photographs, it is bit complicated and varies from case to case. Some people get visa without photographs while the other get refused. If ur bank statements are healthy, u fulfill all other requirements like accommodation in the UK etc then I don’t see any reason that ur family can get refusal just on the basis of not providing wedding photos. U can explain in the cover letter that ur marriage was a court marriage. If possible get attested ur original Nikah nama, B forms, birth certificates from Pakistan foreign ministry in Islamabad. This way BHC can not say that they have a doubt about the authenticity of these documents.

zaynab79
United Kingdom

dependent visa from pak

Post by zaynab79 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:48 am

hi everyone,
i got my visa for 3 yrs but now i want to apply for my husband n travel with him around may. i got married in dec 08 n want to know how do i go about it as il be goin with him to UK anytways cuz he has his visit visa but i feel it wld be better if i apply for his dependent tier 1 visa and then travel so we don need to go back n forth.... do i need to show only 1600 GBP for 3 months or/and also 2800GBP which i had shown for myself previously.
need advice/help immediatley

web2005

Post by web2005 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:22 am

I need to apply for my wife's dependent visa from Pakistan. I am on HSMP Pre April 2006 approvals.

Last year when I applied for her dependent visa I didn't have to show maintenance funds as I was told there was no need for bank statements for dependents of Pre April 2006 approvals.

Can someone please clarify if the rules are still the same or now I mut show £533 in balance?

javaid10

Post by javaid10 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:00 pm

You came under old rule and so will be your dependenet as well, so no maintenance requirement, but its good to have some amount in your a/c any way to convince EC officer that you are surviving without using recources from public funds.

Regards
Javed
web2005 wrote:I need to apply for my wife's dependent visa from Pakistan. I am on HSMP Pre April 2006 approvals.

Last year when I applied for her dependent visa I didn't have to show maintenance funds as I was told there was no need for bank statements for dependents of Pre April 2006 approvals.

Can someone please clarify if the rules are still the same or now I mut show £533 in balance?

hamidhsn
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Dependant application from Pak

Post by hamidhsn » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi Guys,

I was following this forum and found it fruitful in terms of ur experiences sharing and specially getting 1st hand info.
I am on HSMP and going Pakistan in March for Marriage and have to apply for HSMP dependent. I have following scenario in UK and was wondering whats the best track to apply with.
I am working as an IT contractor from the last 7 months (Aug 08) and have my own company i.e. i am employee of my own company and sole director as well. For first 2 months i paid 550£ pm then start paying 1500£ (Gross 2000) till now (for applying for HSMP dependent). So it will be 5 months salaries if i will apply in March.
I need your expert suggestion i.e. shall i prepare my case showing myself as an employee only or employee cum director of company. In case of company director i have to submit all company documents and bank statements etc which makes case complicated. Ur suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Regarding visa form, different people have different form nos. i came to know VF-10 (worker dependent) is the one for dependent .. is that correct ?

Thanks in advance

Hassan
hamid.hassan @ gmail.com

----------------------------
adnan_uk wrote:
ALee_80 wrote:
adnan_uk wrote:Can anyone tell if the passport tracking service on fedex site is working. my wife applied visa on 15th december but the search is coming as invalid. are other applicants facing same problem?
Hi adnan_uk,

The tracking service seems to be working fine but unfortunately the BHC Islamabad does not! My wife applied for dependent visa under Tier 1 General - HSMP Transitional Arrangement on 1st of Dec. We are still awaiting an answer. Apparently, from what I have heard, there have been delays of as long as 3 months in obtaining any kind of visa. The only example I could find on this forum of some one obtaining a dependent visa in less than a week is the last post on this link: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=800. I tried sending the poster a couple of emails to find out the details of his application, but got no answer. I am rather dubious about the authenticity of the content of his post but anyway...

The grapevine is that BHC Islamabad has moved / partly moved some of its offices to Abu Dhabi, and IMO this transition plus a huge number of applications and to add insult to injury, the big number of holidays these guys have taken / will take (in Jan), has resulted in such ridiculously long delays.

Could all other applicants from Pakistan - dependents or otherwise, who have been facing long delays in processing of their visas, please post here and share their timelines?

adnan_uk: I suggest you call them on 8865 from mobile (from PK) to find out the status of your application plus make them aware that the online tracking isn't working for you. Just an after thought - are you putting in the correct ref number? It is in the format of KHI/******/******/*. (KHI in case you applied from Karachi).
Anyway - good luck with the application and keep us posted. I'll keep updating my case as well.
Thanks for your reply.
Called 8865 and they justed noted the complaint and said this problem is happening to many december applicants so don't worry.......
I did email to inquiry as per Basitali's Email reply but did not get any reply at all.
Yes I was trying with LHE/******/******/* but its coming as invalid search.. I think its going to be just wait and see:(
My wife applied on 15th december and still waiting for reply.

web2005

Post by web2005 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:21 pm

javaid10 wrote:You came under old rule and so will be your dependenet as well, so no maintenance requirement, but its good to have some amount in your a/c any way to convince EC officer that you are surviving without using recources from public funds.

Regards
Javed
web2005 wrote:I need to apply for my wife's dependent visa from Pakistan. I am on HSMP Pre April 2006 approvals.

Thanks Javaid. This is a great relief. I was stressed out since this morning as going through different threads in this forum I was under impression that may be laws have changed and now I have to provide evidence for maintenance funds.

Otherwise I have a very good job at a university in London and my payslips should be enough to convince ECO that I earn sufficient to maintain myself and my wife. Only problem is after getting married in July last year on 3 months unpaid leave, I was not able to maintain required end balance. Can't wait for another 3 months to apply for her EC again.

Many thanks for your reply but I want to double check this with other sinior members. Can anyone else reconfirm what Javaid has said?

baheri

Re: fund requirement

Post by baheri » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:31 am

engrmbk wrote:
baheri wrote:Guys can anyone help me in maintenence funds requirement? Basically, ma wife applied for Tier 1 General dependent visa in Oct 2008. Jus in 9 days she was refused as immigration officer stated dat he is satisfied wid all da documents except for maintenence requirements as bank statements were more than 3 months old n also we were not aware of 1600 requirements.
I was wondering if some one can tell me how much minimum funds i need to keep in account to meet dis blooody requirement?
will appreciate for answer!!!!
Salam Baheri,

It is very sad that ur wife visa was refused. Now days everyone under Tier category has to show the evidence of maintenance fund. Please browse UKBA website before applying as it has all the information you need, even if u search this forum it will give u a lot of information regarding maintenance fund.

According to new rules there should be at least £1600 in ur or ur wife bank account for at least three months. If you don’t fulfil this requirement then it will not be possible for ur wife to get a visa under Tier1 Gen Category.
Thanks for information sir. Appreciate dat!!! Cheeeers

hjafary
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent visa app submitted

Post by hjafary » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:28 am

My wife submitted Tier 1 application dependent visa on 20th Feb 2009 at Lahore VAC

The status on https://www.vfsglobal.org/ApplicantStatus.aspx is 'Invalid search' (so may be it hasn't been logged yet)

The track your passport on ukvacpk.com link does not work.

Any others who applied around the same time?

flakhany
Newly Registered

Post by flakhany » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:17 pm

@hjafary

You are searching at wrong URL.

Try ur search at

http://www.vfsglobaluk.com/UKG-Passport ... /ddzHqXg==

Hope ur problem will be resolved.

hjafary
Newly Registered

Post by hjafary » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:33 pm

@flakhany

Thanks, this link from ukvacpk.com wasn't working yesterday.

I've checked and now I get:

Reference Number LHE/200209/XXXXXX/1
Application date 2/20/2009 12:18:49 PM
Status Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on

Any ideas what does that mean guys?

Great forum, thanks!

amirbashir
Newly Registered

Maintenace Funds for Dependent Visa

Post by amirbashir » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Hello, Can anybody advice me on following questions:

I came on HSMP visa in July 2008, I got initial visa for 2 years which is valid till may 2010.

I am working as a contractor, and the way I am heading forward, Inshallah I will meet my earning requirements easily.

1. Currently I am getting paid from my company about 16000 p.a. gross, rest I will take as divident. I have to apply vida for my wife and kid. I have £3200 in my account but only from 1 month. My wife has her personal statement in Pakistan which has enough funds to show as maintenance.
What is your expert advice, should I wait for my own statments to meet maitenance funds requirement or I can apply using my wife's personal statements as a proof of funds?

2. When I have to apply for extension, and how much visa I will get? Will it be extended for 3 years at once or I have to extend every year?

Please reply me.

Thanks for all of you who are sharing their experiences.

Regards,
Amer Bashir

hjafary
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenace Funds for Dependent Visa

Post by hjafary » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:37 pm

The bank statements can either be in your name or your wife - so you can apply using your wife's statements.

For you extension, you should apply 4-5 weeks before your current visa runs out and you'd have to switch to Tier 1 General visa. You will be given the visa for 3 years as far as I know.

amirbashir wrote:Hello, Can anybody advice me on following questions:

I came on HSMP visa in July 2008, I got initial visa for 2 years which is valid till may 2010.

I am working as a contractor, and the way I am heading forward, Inshallah I will meet my earning requirements easily.

1. Currently I am getting paid from my company about 16000 p.a. gross, rest I will take as divident. I have to apply vida for my wife and kid. I have £3200 in my account but only from 1 month. My wife has her personal statement in Pakistan which has enough funds to show as maintenance.
What is your expert advice, should I wait for my own statments to meet maitenance funds requirement or I can apply using my wife's personal statements as a proof of funds?

2. When I have to apply for extension, and how much visa I will get? Will it be extended for 3 years at once or I have to extend every year?

Please reply me.

Thanks for all of you who are sharing their experiences.

Regards,
Amer Bashir

zaynab79
United Kingdom

husband's visa

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:29 am

hi m still waiting for a reply regarding my query plz help

web2005

Post by web2005 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:03 am

Anyone knows a direct email address of person working in visa section in British High Commission Pakistan? I have been trying to contact them on Visqry2.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk but its taking forever to receive any reply from this email address. I want to get following information from them:

My wife’s previous HSMP dependent visa application was rejected previously on following grounds and I am about to make fresh application but this time I want to make sure I provide all required evidences.

1) No accommodation proof was submitted. I only submitted land registry papers of the house I own in joint names with my married sister. My sister lives at different address with her husband. She has no objection in living me and my wife in other house. Can you please advise what documentary evidences I need to show to proof this?

2) As my sister’s name appear on land registry papers and no explanation was given who she is, ECO was concerned about her and rejected on this ground. Can you please advise me what document I can send to prove my relationship with her? Is her marriage certificate enough to show she is married to someone else? We don’t have birth certificates.

3) To prove accommodation, only utility bills in my name and land registry paper are enough? Do I need to provide accommodation survey report?

Thanks.

zaynab79
United Kingdom

dependent visa

Post by zaynab79 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:30 am

hey everyone,

i had asked a query earlier but noone had the courtesy to reply hence i have to ask again

1.i have 3 yr visa but didn show dependent cuz got married in dec.now my husband has to go with me so do i need to show only 1600 for him or 2800+1600 for both of us.
2.my name is passport will be chnaged soon wil it effect my visa or do i need to inform embassy??

hopefully il get my reply soon

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:09 pm

hi zaynab79
.i have 3 yr visa but didn show dependent cuz got married in dec.now my husband has to go with me so do i need to show only 1600 for him or 2800+1600 for both of us.
2.my name is passport will be chnaged soon wil it effect my visa or do i need to inform embassy??
If you are on Tier 1 visa then you need to show funds for three months. if you are in UK then you need to show £800 for yourself and £1600 for your husband, if you have been in UK for more then one year then you can show yours £800 + £533 for your husband. But if you hav not moved to UK yet then £2800 + £1600

if your name is changed on passport they will issue you new passport and you need to attach you old passport with it as they dont cancel old one if it has valid visa, but now you need to keep two passports until visa runs out.

hsmp505d
Newly Registered

Rquired docs and processing time

Post by hsmp505d » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:19 am

Hi all,

I intend to apply for Tier 1 dependant visa. Can anyone tell me if there is a checklist of documents available online that I will need to submit in my application? In other words, what are the main as well as supporting documents I will need to submit. Dont want to miss any item.
Also, what are the ongoing visa processing times these days?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

unfairworld
Newly Registered

urgent plz

Post by unfairworld » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:39 pm

can somebody help, I got hsmp in May 2007 and extension in May 2009.. but I was given Tier1Visa valid till May 2012. My question is, for my wife in pakistan, will she be hsmp dependent or Tier1 dependent, there is quite a lot of difference bw hsmp dependent (30,100) and tier1 dependent fees (94,500), so thats why i am asking.. i have quoted the fees from here: http://www.ukvacpk.com/visafees.aspx ( thanks in advance )

desertman

Post by desertman » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:13 pm

dear all
I got my extension of HSMP to Tier 1 General till may-2012. now i ve to apply for dependent visa of my wife from Lahore PK. Can any one please tell me how much processing time BHC is taking in these days ?

I heard there is deadlock of work in BHC so processing times s 3 times higher than the normal, it that true? (if tht s the case then it will take arnd 6 months.)

thanks

unfairworld
Newly Registered

Post by unfairworld » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:05 pm

desertman wrote:dear all
I got my extension of HSMP to Tier 1 General till may-2012. now i ve to apply for dependent visa of my wife from Lahore PK. Can any one please tell me how much processing time BHC is taking in these days ?

I heard there is deadlock of work in BHC so processing times s 3 times higher than the normal, it that true? (if tht s the case then it will take arnd 6 months.)

thanks
hi bro, there is a link to processing timings here http://www.ukvacpk.com/Processing.aspx, though I can't find precisely dependent application processing times.. by the way, have u understood whether you will be paying HSMP dependent fees or Tier1 dependent fees.. this is what I am trying to clarify, also I must advise, if papers are correct and precise, hopefully ur case should be less than 3 months.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:29 pm

desertman wrote:dear all

thanks
Most dependant applications are not taking more than month or two from Pak.

PS.

Desertman, were you part of 16/3 gang in 2007?

desertman

Post by desertman » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:26 pm

thanks,

yeah confusedhsmp, i was part of 16/3 gang in 2007. i remember u were n tht as well.

desertman

Post by desertman » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:38 pm

thanks, UnFairWorld

".....by the way, have u understood whether you will be paying HSMP dependent fees or Tier1 dependent fees.. this is what I am trying to clarify ..."

i was confused over this as well. because i entered in UK on HSMP but now i m on Tier 1 General after getting extension n May.

Some one told me the fee will be Tier 1 General Dependant bcz my current status is Tier 1 General.

If someone can please clarify this.