ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit to Tier 1. Advice needed!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

katya55
Newly Registered

Work permit to Tier 1. Advice needed!!!

Post by katya55 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:52 pm

Hello!

I am currently on a work permit but really worried about losing my job and hence my visa. Do you know if it is possible to switch to Tier 1 in case I do lose my job.. Would I be able to get Tier 1 on time before a grace period on my work permit expires? Can I still remain in the country for the duration of the application for Tier 1?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!!!

best,
katya

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Work permit to Tier 1. Advice needed!!!

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:56 pm

katya55 wrote:Hello!

I am currently on a work permit but really worried about losing my job and hence my visa. Do you know if it is possible to switch to Tier 1 in case I do lose my job.. Would I be able to get Tier 1 on time before a grace period on my work permit expires? Can I still remain in the country for the duration of the application for Tier 1?

best,
katya
Yes, you are eligible to apply for Tier1(G) while you are on WP and also yes, if you loose your job you can apply within the grace period.. as long as you have enough points to qualify for the T1G...

once your application is sent to HO during your current WP visa validity period.. you can remain in the country till your case is finalized by the HO...

hope this answers ur query

katya55
Newly Registered

Post by katya55 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:02 pm

Thank you so much for your response! Just to clarify, if I apply while on WP, I can remain in the country during the review period.. What if I apply after losing my job (i.e. during the grace period) - would I still be able to remain in the country?

Thank you!

katya

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:04 pm

katya55 wrote:Thank you so much for your response! Just to clarify, if I apply while on WP, I can remain in the country during the review period.. What if I apply after losing my job (i.e. during the grace period) - would I still be able to remain in the country?

Thank you!

katya
Yes you can apply during your grace period also because at that time you still have valid visa to stay in the country.. and it also depends when your company will inform HO about end of ur WP/contract with them..

so, it is better to get things ready and apply ASAP;

Good luck with your application

munisa

Re: Work permit to Tier 1. Advice needed!!!

Post by munisa » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:41 pm

katya55 wrote:Hello!

best,
katya
Katya55,
I was in same situation as you. You can apply for Tier1 while still on WP. But please make sure you have all points ok especially the maintanance funds because they will instantly reject the application for it.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

katya55
Newly Registered

Post by katya55 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:21 pm

Thanks a lot for your help, Munisa!

coolchap

Post by coolchap » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:58 pm

Hi katya55

You should apply for Tier 1 G asap...

You can show 12months earning for the past 15months for your past earnings section to claim points.

You still have the job so u r ok....make sure you are maintaining atleast £800 (if single) in your bank a/c for the past 3 months at all times (every single day).

Good luck mate.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WP - Tier 1

Submitted on - 4th Feb
Ref Letter - 5th Feb
Status - Hoping for the best!!

Good things happen to those who wait!!