ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa approved, MAX time to enter UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kashifhbl
Newly Registered

Visa approved, MAX time to enter UK

Post by kashifhbl » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:06 am

First of all i would like to present my sincear thanks to all of you for providing me such a nice plateform to prepare my file...

Believe me i was looking for consulatant to handle my case , but once i started browsing this forum things become so easy and i applied my self...

My Visa has been approved and got my passport with stamp....

I got visa for the duration 27/01/2009 to 26/01/2012, one of my friend who is a consultant also told me that I HAVE TO LAND IN UK WITHIN 28 DAYS OF VISA EFFECTIVE DATE, otherwise i will have troubles in getting nationality after 5 year....

Seniors please let me know whether i leave before 28 days. i.e 22nd feb

Please guide me process to get UK nationality, what maximum time i can come back to pakistan after landing UK...

Please help me to sort out...

Muhammad Kashif

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:11 am

You can enter into UK any time untill you have valid visa (3 years), but your friend is right, if you delay your entry then you will have get further FLR to complete your five year stay to be eligible for ILR. say if you come to UK in March-2009 then your Counter for ILR starts from March-2009 instead of Jan-2009, and to fill that gap you have to get another FLR in 2014, so it will be like that 3+2+2..You will end up paying extra fee and you have to do all documentations again for extension. Hope this helps
Kaff

Humana

Post by Humana » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:33 am

Kaff wrote:You can enter into UK any time untill you have valid visa (3 years), but your friend is right, if you delay your entry then you will have get further FLR to complete your five year stay to be eligible for ILR. say if you come to UK in March-2009 then your Counter for ILR starts from March-2009 instead of Jan-2009, and to fill that gap you have to get another FLR in 2014, so it will be like that 3+2+2..You will end up paying extra fee and you have to do all documentations again for extension. Hope this helps

Can we enter in UK for just 2-3 nights (within 28 days of Visa effective date) and come back as our first date of entry matters??
And again we can go back to UK after 2-3 months which will be for long time.

Thanks

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:58 am

Humana wrote:
Kaff wrote:You can enter into UK any time untill you have valid visa (3 years), but your friend is right, if you delay your entry then you will have get further FLR to complete your five year stay to be eligible for ILR. say if you come to UK in March-2009 then your Counter for ILR starts from March-2009 instead of Jan-2009, and to fill that gap you have to get another FLR in 2014, so it will be like that 3+2+2..You will end up paying extra fee and you have to do all documentations again for extension. Hope this helps

Can we enter in UK for just 2-3 nights (within 28 days of Visa effective date) and come back as our first date of entry matters??
And again we can go back to UK after 2-3 months which will be for long time.

Thanks
Where is this 28-days rules? It's all myth.

saima shah
Newly Registered

Re: Visa approved, MAX time to enter UK

Post by saima shah » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:44 pm

congratulations! muhammad kashif
i want to know that when u got ur bhc letter did u submitt the new approval letter of hsmp or u just submitted the old one which was not valid[/quote]

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:23 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

boshkash
Newly Registered

3yrs+2 yrs extension+further extension

Post by boshkash » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:54 am

Dear Kaff,

is one able to get further extension of 2 years after the initial extension of 2 years in case someone requires more time to complete the 5 year ILR qualifying period? I got Tier 1 approval a few weeks ago, but with the current economic conditions and work prospects, might not be able to travel to the UK for another few months..

kashifhbl
Newly Registered

Post by kashifhbl » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:48 pm

I think it is a bit confusion, i am still not clear what is all the requirement for citizenship, can any one plz provide us a web link for this issue,

Muhammad Kashif

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:10 am

kashifhbl wrote:I think it is a bit confusion, i am still not clear what is all the requirement for citizenship, can any one plz provide us a web link for this issue,

Muhammad Kashif
Who can apply for British citizenship and other forms of British nationality?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:00 pm

hi muhammad kashif

dont mistake me...are you coming here on hsmp ..do you know anything about job market here...how people are surviving ..sorry i am not discouraging you ...my point is , please try to pay attention for a job...the job market is terrible here...sorry if i have offended you