ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Dependent Visa: No Maintenance Funds reqd for old

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rkrohela
BANNED

HSMP Dependent Visa: No Maintenance Funds reqd for old

Post by rkrohela » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:59 am

Friends,

I had sent in a query about internet statements and maintenance funds for HSMP Holder dependents where the main holder got the visa stamped under the old regime. They said NO MAINTENANCE funds are required!!

Also, internet statements for 7-10 days are ok. Great news!!

Also, the experts please share if VFS is reliable wrt the BHC....

Cheers... the mail appended.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Rohit,

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query:

Please note that you need not to show any maintenance fund incase you are in U.K on HSMP visa which was issued before 1st April 2008 and been endorsed on your visa as HSMP visa. You need to fill VAF 2 for your spouse’s application and need to follow the same procedure as followed by you.

Please note that your dependant needs to follow the same procedure that you have followed, if, you have applied under the old HSMP rule and got your HSMP visa before 1st April 2008.

Please note that the applicant/sponsor needs to provide bank statements for last 6 months. However, you could submit internet printout statements for 7-10 days for the period while you are in India for the visa application, and also please mention the same on the covering letter, as well.

We hope the above information has been of help to you. If you require any further assistance please feel free to contact us. Our contact details are as given below.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:25 pm

My two cents -

It would be *ideal* if you can get some confirmation from the BHC 'coz it is the BHC which is the decision-maker. But but if BHC doesn't get back to you or asks you to contact VFS, then you can use this written confirmation (email) from VFS to your advantage (to be on a safe side).

With your dependent application, mention in the cover letter that you are providing documentary evidence in accordance with the guidance received from VFS through email and that your attaching a copy of the email for reference.

Even if, as per BHC, your documentations is not in line with what is required, they (BHC) will not be able to blame you for it - because you would have acted on the advice of BHC appointed service providers.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:17 pm

The changes seem to be real. Here's a success story ... almost (the passports are still awaited). :wink:

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rkrohela
BANNED

Appears to be real!

Post by rkrohela » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:38 pm

Hey Friends,

This reply given by VFS appears to be true, maintenance requirement does not hold apparently for HSMP Dependent visa applications where the main holder got his/her issued prior to April 30th.

It's good news, cheers!!
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

antouk

Post by antouk » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:21 am

this seems to be true.

I too go the same reply from VFS, they've suggested me to fill the VAF2 form for dependent. the reply is herebelow:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query, please note your HSMP visa which was issued before 1st April 2008 and been endorsed on your visa as HSMP visa, then you need to fill VAF 2 for your spouse application and maintenance of fund not required.

The visa fee for HSMP Dependant is 17425 INR per application. All the applicants above 5 years in age need to visit the application center in person to submit their application, as they need to submit their Biometrics data (finger scan and photo).

The processing time for a HSMP Dependant visa is around 15 working days. However, the discretion to grant a visa lies with British High Commission and the processing time can be shorter or longer based on your application, at the discretion of British High Commission.

You can use any of the two modes of payment - Demand Draft or Cash. The details of the payment options have been attached for your reference. Credit cards and debit cards are not accepted currently. The visa fees can be paid in cash at the bank counter in the application center, for which the bank would levy a non-refundable service charge of 100 INR per application.

You can either download the application forms from our website mentioned below or avail the same at the application center.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

NutanRaj

Post by NutanRaj » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:50 am

Hi sushdmehta/AnotUK
I friend came to UK in 2006 under old HSMP rules and he got married in FEb 2008.
He got his extension for 3 years in August 2008....

Now which doucments he need to submit and what are the supporting doucments? and what is the fees? What about maintenance funds?

Please advise

Regards
Raj

web2005

Post by web2005 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:51 am

Can anyone advise on this...have the laws changes since August/September 2008 regarding maintenance funds for dependents?

I am on HSMP under old rules. HSMP visa granted in July 2005. Now to bring my spouse here in UK, do I need to show maintenance funds?

web2005

Post by web2005 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:55 am

Still no reply? Please help as I have contacted visa application center in Pakistan but no reply from them yet.

Saf
Newly Registered

HSMP (prior Nov 06) Dependant visa - Urget advice

Post by Saf » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi,

I am in the same boat as you. Could you please advise me:

I fall under the category of HSMP and am an applicant who obtained an HSMP visa prior to 7 November 2006.

I am now applying for my wife who is currently in Pakistan. Please can you advise which forms should I use for her application:

ie.

A) VAF2 (employment category) application form . or

B) Application form VAF10 PBS- Dependent.

Also in the new tier 1 category there is a clause for maintaining funds of at least £1600 at any given time. I have sufficient funds in my account however the balance had fallen under that level for a period of one week. Do I need to maintainn the fund under the old HSMP category as I am not applying for the visa under Tier 1. Please can you advise.

Thank you and Kind regards

Sarfraz

sajidzaidi

Post by sajidzaidi » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:38 pm

i have the same issue. Some one please guide us. i won the AIT appeal against the Old HSMP application. what mainteenece should i show for my new born child that was born during the appeal period