ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 5 years for TIER 1 general migrant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

garimasharma
Newly Registered

ILR after 5 years for TIER 1 general migrant

Post by garimasharma » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:15 am

I need immediate advice on this issue.We are in Germany right now(me,my husband and my son).

my husband got TIER1 gereral migrant visa in dec 2008 and he has not entered UK yet.

What is the limit of days to be out of UK before applying for ILR.......

Please guide us.......as we are very confused

Thanks in advance

munisa

Re: ILR after 5 years for TIER 1 general migrant

Post by munisa » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:57 am

garimasharma wrote:I need immediate advice on this issue.We are in Germany right now(me,my husband and my son).

my husband got TIER1 gereral migrant visa in dec 2008 and he has not entered UK yet.

What is the limit of days to be out of UK before applying for ILR.......

Thanks in advance
The clock for qualifying for ILR starts when you enter UK and your passport is stamped with an entry rubber stamp (they call it leave to enter). A visa is just a permision to allow u to travel to UK but not permission to enter. You get permission to enter at the port and thats when the clock for everything starts. As you he is very close to UK ie Germany, my personal advise would be that he should make an effort to travel to UK asap, get the 'Leave to Enter' on his PP then he can go back to Germany to sort out when the family or him will relocate. Do not waste time with all these new legislations on the table.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

garimasharma
Newly Registered

ILR after 5 years

Post by garimasharma » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Thanks munisa for your reply and if you can give solution to this problem.

my husband got TIER1 gereral migrant visa in dec 2008 and he has not entered UK yet because job market is not good.

What is the limit of days to be out of UK before applying for ILR after 5years i.e . PR? or we can apply for 2 years of extension again after 5 years.......

Thanks in advance

munisa

Re: ILR after 5 years

Post by munisa » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:09 pm

garimasharma wrote:Thanks munisa for your reply and if you can give solution to this problem.

my husband got TIER1 gereral migrant visa in dec 2008 and he has not entered UK yet because job market is not good.

What is the limit of days to be out of UK before applying for ILR after 5years i.e . PR? or we can apply for 2 years of extension again after 5 years.......

Thanks in advance
garimasharma,
It is important to seperate the two issues:

1. when to enter UK
Once you have been given a visa (permission to enter), you can travel at any time within the valididty of that visa. With TIER 1 it gives you lots of time to decide n plan when to travel...... BUT

2. ILR
This is determined by the time you have spent continuosly in UK. That means if you were given eg 3 year TIER 1 visa or 5 year WP, but you enetered UK after 2 years since or after it was issued, then, you will only have spent 3 years in UK after you travelled in (leave to eneter). I can see that you are really thinking far into the future (ILR), if so just get your bf or husband enter here asap, then the clock starts as he sorts out all other personal issues. My 2 pence ...XX
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:31 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.