ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Refused, advise needed to become student again

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

email257525
BANNED

PSW Refused, advise needed to become student again

Post by email257525 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Hello, All

My PSW has been refused, Can i get admission in a college/university and secure my stay in the country. Please advise on followings

1- I did MBA Finance from British University, What course shall i go for this time and where it could be College or university as dont want to spend a lot of money just need stay and once my statement (maintenance) requirement build up then reapply again for PSW.

2- Will i get student visa for my new couse via applying from here or still do i need to go back to home country?

Any more tips, suggestions, and advise please,,, I am so upset that my PSW has been refused on the basis of maintenance requirements. The only thing i am looking for, Do not want to go back to home country please.

Many thanks and Regards

mscorpio

Post by mscorpio » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:43 am

If you don't have money (800 pounds for psw) then how can you arrange admission fee?

candyshop

Re: PSW Refused, advise needed to become student again

Post by candyshop » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:41 am

email257525 wrote:Hello, All

My PSW has been refused, Can i get admission in a college/university and secure my stay in the country. Please advise on followings

1- I did MBA Finance from British University, What course shall i go for this time and where it could be College or university as dont want to spend a lot of money just need stay and once my statement (maintenance) requirement build up then reapply again for PSW.

2- Will i get student visa for my new couse via applying from here or still do i need to go back to home country?

Any more tips, suggestions, and advise please,,, I am so upset that my PSW has been refused on the basis of maintenance requirements. The only thing i am looking for, Do not want to go back to home country please.

Many thanks and Regards
You need to go back and re apply. University would be unable to secure your visa at the moment.

salam123

Re: PSW Refused, advise needed to become student again

Post by salam123 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:13 am

candyshop wrote:
email257525 wrote:Hello, All

Many thanks and Regards
You need to go back and re apply. University would be unable to secure your visa at the moment.
every day u see that there is a credit crunch in uk......many jobs r axed now....just now i have seen on bbc tv that marks and spencer axed 1ooo jobs..........if they fail to survive then how come foreigner will survive?

think about it......and will get the answer...and that's why the maintenance option is there..........
thank you very much.

D1mitry

Post by D1mitry » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:36 pm

funny stuff apart, having completed masters in this country you will not be able to secure any student visa for courses other than MBA, MSc, MA or PhD.

You have to realise that having an application form a master's student to study english in greenwich's college of languages (I hope this doesnt exist for copyright infrigement purposes) will look bizarre and clearly unfounded. Visas are given to progress, not to regress

trahman
Newly Registered

Same Case - Even funnier

Post by trahman » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:39 am

I applied for the PSW in few weeks before my student visa was supposed to expired. I also got a decent full time job as an analyst two months before the visa expired. I got the job in october and sadly my september balance was weak.

Today I got my PSW refused, stating that the three month balance was not sufficient - such stupidity. I've made over 6000 pounds from october till present, and i'm being sent home on the ground of maintenance.

RippedOff
Newly Registered

Post by RippedOff » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:01 am

I heard you can reapply within 28 days of a refusal, even if your current visa has expired. If you are prepared to pay £400 again, so you can keep your job, then do it. Mine must be the most painful because I was on IGS! Missed the transitional arrangements... so they looked at three months instead of the closing balance, and like you trahman my balance was "weak" £786 in September...I am sending my application off tomorrow with the expired visa under the 28 day "grace period" from refusal. Good luck with whatever you plan to do. Don't give up.

kishorej31
Newly Registered

hi trahman

Post by kishorej31 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi trahman, hanks for your post,

Even I am in the same situation....now I am waiitng for my PSW reply.....
could you please give me suggestions regarding my PSW application...

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi,

My friend today received the refusal for PSW... His visa has already expired so what is recommended for him?

Make fresh application or
Appeal against decision?

His application was refused due to improper bank account maintenance and could not show £800 as per required.

Urgent advice is needed.