ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA national who is the Spouse of a EU National

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sheri132002
Newly Registered

Non EEA national who is the Spouse of a EU National

Post by sheri132002 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:34 pm

I am non EEA national living in the UK married to an EU National. I currently have a 5 year residance certificate and I'm in the 3rd year. If my husband applies for British citizenship would that be the quickest way for me to apply for the same. Or MUST I waite until the 5 year residance permit is complete and then only apply for British citizenship.

rizwan_ali

Re: Non EEA national who is the Spouse of a EU National

Post by rizwan_ali » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:04 am

sheri132002 wrote:I am non EEA national living in the UK married to an EU National. I currently have a 5 year residance certificate and I'm in the 3rd year. If my husband applies for British citizenship would that be the quickest way for me to apply for the same. Or MUST I waite until the 5 year residance permit is complete and then only apply for British citizenship.
you had issued residency under the EU rules which is 5 year its good for you to spend 2 more year and then you will be qualify thats the only quickest way for you otherwise you have to do the whole process again.

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:27 am

What about if u live in uk with a british residence card and then move to your spouse's country does the time scale start from the beginning or your time in the uk counts all together ?

rizwan_ali

Post by rizwan_ali » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:46 pm

cutepearl wrote:What about if u live in uk with a british residence card and then move to your spouse's country does the time scale start from the beginning or your time in the uk counts all together ?
then you will loose the residency period and clock will reset it means you have to live 5year in your spouse country.