ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation process

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KUMARVK

Naturalisation process

Post by KUMARVK » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:26 pm

We have PR, planning to apply for UK Naturalisation.
I think Current Naturalisation processing time is 6 months.

My question :

1)Can I travel abroad before getting the Naturalization application decession, that is either immediatley after applying the application or while it is processing.

2)Are there any requirment that Naturalisation applicat should stay in UK until decession is made.

3)Any updates about voluntary requirement. proposed no of hours.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:30 pm

Using your numbering :-
  1. Presumably you will use an NCS office for your application, to ensure your passport is handed back to you after they have photocopied it. The NCS office will advise you to wait a few days before leaving the UK.
  2. No
  3. Sorry, don't understand the question.
Some people are finding that applications submitted using NCS are taking a lot less than 6 months to be dealt with. Do appreciate that you need to attend your Citizenship Ceremony within 3 months of the issue of the "application successful" letter.
Last edited by John on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Any updates about voluntary requirement. proposed no of hours.
Sorry, don't understand the question.
JAJ, the OP wishes to know if he'll be required to engage in voluntary work to be eligible for naturalisation. The answer is "no". At least for now.

KUMARVK

Post by KUMARVK » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:45 pm

Thanks for your replies.

My Q 2 was

Is it required that applicant should stay with in the UK while his application in progress.

now it is clear that if I Apply thruogh NCS I will have the passport with me But I am not clear whether I can travel or not.