ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advise from senior boarders.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vjs8in

Need advise from senior boarders.

Post by vjs8in » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:34 am

Hello all,

after a failed attempt to get a Tier-1 I am planning to apply again, help from members and past experiences would be appreciated.
I get 30 points for my degree, 5 for U.k experience and 5 for age.
I need another 35 points from my previous earnings to qualify, which means a gross salary of more than

I am in U.K on an allowance and get salary in India. I have spent more than 12 months in u.k so far.

During my earlier attempt I applied with an uplift of my indian salary and i believe that it has been rejected ( this is a message from solicitor), as it was not considered.

However now with a favourable exchange rates, i believe I can apply and will qualify without uplift, but just adding up my U.K allowance along with a direct conversion of my salary in INR to GBP.

My questions, Is this the right way to approach it?

I get proper allowance and salary payslips and will get them sealed/signed by HR. I can also validate the earnings with my bank statements.

I am planning to do Jan - Dec 2008, and have taken the exchange rate of 73.59 ( as per OANDA for 31 dec) for my conversion.

Any help would be appreciated.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Re: Need advise from senior boarders.

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:45 am

vjs8in wrote:Hello all,

after a failed attempt to get a Tier-1 I am planning to apply again, help from members and past experiences would be appreciated.
I get 30 points for my degree, 5 for U.k experience and 5 for age.
I need another 35 points from my previous earnings to qualify, which means a gross salary of more than

I am in U.K on an allowance and get salary in India. I have spent more than 12 months in u.k so far.

During my earlier attempt I applied with an uplift of my indian salary and i believe that it has been rejected ( this is a message from solicitor), as it was not considered.

However now with a favourable exchange rates, i believe I can apply and will qualify without uplift , but just direct conversion of my salary in INR to GBP.

My questions, Is this the right way to approach it?

I get proper allowance and salary payslips and will get them sealed/signed by HR. I can also validate the earnings with my bank statements.

I am planning to do Jan - Dec 2008, and have taken the exchange rate of 73.59 ( as per OANDA for 31 dec) for my conversion.

Any help would be appreciated.
Are you including your UK allowances too to gain 35 points in earning? If yes, you need to be careful and try to determine if your allowances are claimable. Allowances can not be claimed if they are not part of your salary or if they are not reflected in your payslips. Please follow guidance notes for more information.

vjs8in

Post by vjs8in » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the comment.

The U.K allowance is in the form of a proper payslip on a company letter head.
They are not perdiem, but a monthly payment as part of employment. They even show details such as much is basic, living ... etc and any deductions.
Would that still be a issue? I tried PM you with a copy so you can have a look at it, but not sure how to send attachments..

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:10 pm

vjs8in wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the comment.

The U.K allowance is in the form of a proper payslip on a company letter head.
They are not perdiem, but a monthly payment as part of employment. They even show details such as much is basic, living ... etc and any deductions.
Would that still be a issue? I tried PM you with a copy so you can have a look at it, but not sure how to send attachments..
There should not be any issue. Please see point no. 110 of page 20 of tier1(general) policy guidance.

sirisha
Newly Registered

Post by sirisha » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:55 am

Hi vjs8in,

Im also in the same state of confusion regarding the uplift ratio, right now im in canada and i get allowance here and salary in india.I would like to talk to you, plz give me ur mail id.

thanks alot

vjs8in

Post by vjs8in » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi,
Do you want to PM me with your query, I will let you know what ever i know.

vjs8in

Post by vjs8in » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:19 pm

hsmp28122006 wrote:
vjs8in wrote: ...u can have a look at it, but not sure how to send attachments..
There should not be any issue. Please see point no. 110 of page 20 of tier1(general) policy guidance.
Thanks, had a look at it, I think this should be o.k, By the way do you have any idea as to whether the salary I show and the salary on WP should match? and is it necessary that i send a copy of the WP document with the application?

sirisha
Newly Registered

regarding uplift ratio for indian salary

Post by sirisha » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Hi Vjs8in

As I already mentioned that im in canada working on WP for an indian company.

So every month , i will get Indian Salary + Canadaian allowance .

In order to get the previous earnings , should i use the uplift ratio(5.3) for indian salary and uplift ratio(1) for canadain allowance

(OR)

Can you use normal indian salary and uplift ratio(1) for canadain allowance .

I have all payslips(Indian) and allowance slips(canada) to show .

Please let me know

Regards
sirisha

vjs8in

Post by vjs8in » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:36 pm

You can only use a uplift depending on the plaace of working. If you work in Canada, then you need to apply with the uplift applicable to Canada. ( whatever it is).

vjs8in

Post by vjs8in » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:36 pm

Can anyone guide me as to whether I need to mentin regarding the previous application ( refusal one) when i apply again?