ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAN ANY ONE ADVICE ME

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anusuri
Newly Registered

CAN ANY ONE ADVICE ME

Post by anusuri » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:01 am

:?: HI I AM A NON EU MEMBER WHO IS MARRIED TO LITHUANIAN AND LIVING IN IRELAND WITH STAMP 4 EUFAM VISA STATUS . CURRENTLY WE BOTH ARE SEPERATED AND SHE IS NOT LIVING WITH ME AND WE ARE NOT IN CONTACTS. MY STAMP 4 EUFAM LASTS TILL 2013 YEAR. CURRENTLY I DONT KNOW WHERE SHE IS.SHE LEFT ME. I AM NOT DIVORSED WITH HER YET. WILL IT BECOME A PROBLEM IN FUTURE IF I WANT TO LIVE FURTHER AFTER 2013 YEAR. IS THERE ANY WAY WHERE I CAN NATURALISE MY STATUS IN IRELAND WITH OUT HER. I HAVE GOT PERMISSIOIN TO STAY IN IRELAND LEGALLY FROM 2007 FEB ONWARDS. WE BOTH GOT MARRIED IN 2006 SEPTEMBER. CAN SOME ONE ADVISE ME HOW TO HANDLE THIS KIND OF SITUATION.
IF I GO OUT OF IRELAND FOR HOLIDAYS AND WANTS TO BE BACK HERE WILL IT BECOME A PROBLEM FOR ME.
PLEASE HELP ME[/b]

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:27 am

Hi anusuri
Are you currently working?

anusuri
Newly Registered

hi nehro

Post by anusuri » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:21 am

Nehro wrote:Hi anusuri
Are you currently working?
yes i am a full time permanent employee.

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:33 am

Then I guess you should explore a way to change your stamp to Work Permit Holder (and this may suit you as you are in a full permanent emplyment). Try to ring (anonomously) INIS and enquire about that. Time is in your side so don't panic. All the best of luck

anusuri
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by anusuri » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:38 am

Nehro wrote:Then I guess you should explore a way to change your stamp to Work Permit Holder (and this may suit you as you aire in a full permanent emplyment). Try to ring (anonomously) INIS and enquire about that. Time is in your side so don't panic. All the best of luck
thanks for your advice. but i did not get the answer. will the options are still open for me to get naturalised. i came to this country as a student in 2004 october on stamp 2 basis and from feb 2006 onwards i am living on residency status in ireland. currently i am on stamp 4 eu fam. do you have any about the naturalisation.

Nehro
Ireland

Re: thanks

Post by Nehro » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:14 pm

anusuri wrote:
Nehro wrote:Then I guess you should explore a way to change your stamp to Work Permit Holder (and this may suit you as you aire in a full permanent emplyment). Try to ring (anonomously) INIS and enquire about that. Time is in your side so don't panic. All the best of luck
thanks for your advice. but i did not get the answer. will the options are still open for me to get naturalised. i came to this country as a student in 2004 october on stamp 2 basis and from feb 2006 onwards i am living on residency status in ireland. currently i am on stamp 4 eu fam. do you have any about the naturalisation.
Hi Anusuri
You are saying that you are residing legally in Ireland based on your stamp 4 EU Fam since Feb 2007 until 2013. If this is the case as I understand it - and please correct me if I am wrong - then there is no issue when you apply for citizenship. You will however apply after 5 years of legal residency i.e. Feb 2012 based on your work (P21, payslips, etc..). When INIS gets to check legal residency requirements, they only want to see copies of GNIB stamps in the passport which cover the required legal residency period. They will verify that with GNIB at the time of processing of your application which is effectively 2 years from your application submission AND will enquire from GNIB that you are STILL legally resident. INIS is not interested in the basis of your residency (i.e. being EU spouse) but only interested in you being legal all the pre-application period as well as the 2 years of processing time. By a simple calculation, and provided you will apply in March 2012 for citizenship, you will need to be legally resident in the state until mid 2014. Since your Stamp 4 expires in 2013 you still need 1 extra year of legal residence which you can not do based on your marriage anymore, hence you can only do it based on your work permit. Whether you do it at that stage or now is upto you as there is no much difference although I recommend you to switch now (if it is possible after you enquire from INIS). There is no need for either INIS or GNIB to know about your divorce or that you are separated.

Regards

anusuri
Newly Registered

Re: thanks

Post by anusuri » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:46 am

Nehro wrote:
anusuri wrote:
Hi Anusuri
You are saying that you are residing legally in Ireland based on your stamp 4 EU Fam since Feb 2007 until 2013. If this is the case as I understand it - and please correct me if I am wrong - then there is no issue when you apply for citizenship. You will however apply after 5 years of legal residency i.e. Feb 2012 based on your work (P21, payslips, etc..). When INIS gets to check legal residency requirements, they only want to see copies of GNIB stamps in the passport which cover the required legal residency period. They will verify that with GNIB at the time of processing of your application which is effectively 2 years from your application submission AND will enquire from GNIB that you are STILL legally resident. INIS is not interested in the basis of your residency (i.e. being EU spouse) but only interested in you being legal all the pre-application period as well as the 2 years of processing time. By a simple calculation, and provided you will apply in March 2012 for citizenship, you will need to be legally resident in the state until mid 2014. Since your Stamp 4 expires in 2013 you still need 1 extra year of legal residence which you can not do based on your marriage anymore, hence you can only do it based on your work permit. Whether you do it at that stage or now is upto you as there is no much difference although I recommend you to switch now (if it is possible after you enquire from INIS). There is no need for either INIS or GNIB to know about your divorce or that you are separated.

Regards
Thanks nehro. i appreciate your advise. your advise gives me some hope and confidence