ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Under HSMP visa less than 1 year -personal loan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

merci

Under HSMP visa less than 1 year -personal loan

Post by merci » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Hi guys,

We came here under HSMP visa with my husband less than 1 year ago.

Now we wish to use a personal loan. But there is a precondition
like 3 years residency. Have you ever overcome this problem, if yes how.

Regards,
Merci

GoodFun

Re: Under HSMP visa less than 1 year -personal loan

Post by GoodFun » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:25 am

merci wrote:Hi guys,

We came here under HSMP visa with my husband less than 1 year ago.

Now we wish to use a personal loan. But there is a precondition
like 3 years residency. Have you ever overcome this problem, if yes how.

Regards,
Merci
Banks have now started being tough with immigrants by imposing conditions like 3 years residency etc. I would suggest you try your main bank (one where your salary is paid) or shop around. Banks are not really looking to lend money in the current economic climate but you might be able to find a willing banker.

merci

Post by merci » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:13 pm

when i did a wide research today , I fund a few bank who says UK resident. What does it mean 'resident' in the banking jargon

Is it same with being UK Citizen or ILR or living in UK is mean resident of UK

GoodFun

Post by GoodFun » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:50 pm

merci wrote:when i did a wide research today , I fund a few bank who says UK resident. What does it mean 'resident' in the banking jargon

Is it same with being UK Citizen or ILR or living in UK is mean resident of UK
Usually it just means that your main home is UK and you are resident here for tax purposes. I would again suggest to go to your main bank as they are most familiar with your finances and therefore more likely to approve your loan.

merci

Post by merci » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:25 am

thank you goodfun for your response

i am afraid of saying something wrong which will going to effect it negatively if there is any hope for personal loan.
I do not know what to say, my home owner suggested me to fill electroll registration form and send them even i am not qualified. (i checked the form it is written it may result with 6 months jail)
But otherwise they will reject me i am really twisted.

GoodFun

Post by GoodFun » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:29 pm

merci wrote:thank you goodfun for your response

i am afraid of saying something wrong which will going to effect it negatively if there is any hope for personal loan.
I do not know what to say, my home owner suggested me to fill electroll registration form and send them even i am not qualified. (i checked the form it is written it may result with 6 months jail)
But otherwise they will reject me i am really twisted.
As for electoral roll it depends on your nationality as even commonwealth citizens have the right to vote in the UK hence can legitimately register.

Do not attempt to misrepresent any information when applying for the loan as you will be blacklisted and will make it even more difficult to get credit in the UK.