ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds Currency

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gopikrishnatb
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds Currency

Post by gopikrishnatb » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:48 am

Hi all,

When I take the Cover letter and Statement from bank for the purpose of Funds maintenance which format of currency I should request the bank? GBP or INR? Please suggest me.
Thank you.

encan
Newly Registered

Post by encan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:01 am

I also have similar question. For saving up maintanence money i am buying GBP and putting that in a GBP account (im outside the UK). would it be a problem to show that account as my maintanance funds?

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:20 am

Can you get the bank statement in GBP EVEN if your bank account is not opened in UK? - surprised!

For overseas applicants, bank statements in their local currency will do - you need to take a print out of onada exchange converter to determine what exchange rate should be applied.

encan
Newly Registered

Post by encan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:57 am

Yea we have accounts in many common currencies. US Dollars, GBP, Japan Yen etc...

The reason i wanna keep it as GBP is the exchange rate fluctuates so badly here in Turkey. I just wanna have the 2800 GBP and not worry about the fact that there is a possibility for it to go under 2800 because the exchange rate was so high by the time i apply for Tier 1 general. And that may be the longest sentence i wrote ever!