ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return to UK With Last 3 Months Student Visa Validity ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ywen
Newly Registered

Return to UK With Last 3 Months Student Visa Validity ?

Post by ywen » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:24 pm

I'm holding a student visa and it's going to expired in 31/10/2009. I'll be going home in Jun for a month. I'm just wondering if I'll be allowed to return UK with my last 3 months student visa validity to attend my graduation?

Note: I'll be applying Tier 1 PSW ( Post Study Work Scheme ) as soon as I get my result.

Theorically, I'll assume I'm allowed to enter to UK as long within my visa validity. However, after consulting my University International Student Advisor, she replies I may be refused entry as I'm no longer a student by the time (even thought I'm still holding visa )

I'd appreciate if anybody can give me some advices here? Many thanks!

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:24 am

Yes you will be allowed.. if you have visa validity on your passport.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Provided you were a student at a bona fide college you will be allowed back in.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Return to UK With Last 3 Months Student Visa Validity ?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:57 pm

ywen wrote:I'm holding a student visa and it's going to expired in 31/10/2009. I'll be going home in Jun for a month. I'm just wondering if I'll be allowed to return UK with my last 3 months student visa validity to attend my graduation?

Note: I'll be applying Tier 1 PSW ( Post Study Work Scheme ) as soon as I get my result.

Theorically, I'll assume I'm allowed to enter to UK as long within my visa validity. However, after consulting my University International Student Advisor, she replies I may be refused entry as I'm no longer a student by the time (even thought I'm still holding visa )

I'd appreciate if anybody can give me some advices here? Many thanks!
i differ with other's advice..

last time when i was comming back from one of the EU country while i had 4months validity on my visa, i just asked the immigration officer if it is ok if my validity is less than 3months and

he adviced in that case while travelling again on a trip out of uk get a letter from my employer that i work for them and i went on some official work n will join the company on my return sort of letter

So in ur case when u r going home in june better get a letter that u study in that college and will join college/attend graduaation on ur returning back to uk

easy to get a letter when u r in UK than trying to get one from ur country..

i may be wrong also??

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:10 pm

In my case last year i travelled to my home country in November and my HSMP visa was untill 8th January 2009. We were allowed back without any questions even with less than 2 months remaining on my leave.. I have experianced the same few years back as well. I am sure if you have leave remaining on your passprt should be fine.. in the case of students i would agree with the post earlier "You need to be the student of the same college/University at the time of return" not breaking any other T&C of your visa.