ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent can apply for Visiting visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lata

Dependent can apply for Visiting visa?

Post by lata » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:17 am

Hi ,
I applied for husband along me with me. I got visa, but my spouse visa got refused. And he appealed against visa refusal. It is taking long long time. Can he apply for visting visa now? or tourist visa?
Can anyone tell me please?

Thnaks,
Lata

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:48 am

I doubt whther a visit visa application would be entertained while an appeal was oustanding. Have you not had a hearing date yet?

lata

Post by lata » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:38 pm

He appealed on Nov 11th,08 .If we call/mail BHC , there is no proper response . When I called in Dec first week, they said sept-08 appeals are in process. When called in Jan-09 , same mesg that sept-08 appeals are in process. And When called in Feb, last week also , they said the same .. same mesg that sept-08 appeals are in process. I donno when my turn comes. They are simply telling it make 4 to 5 months from now.
If I want to go for new application, there are lot of issues for. I dont have rental agreement on my name in UK.

So I am thinking whether my husband can apply for visitng /tourist visa ? could you please anyone suggest me what I can do now?

Thanks in advance,
Lata

web2005

Post by web2005 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:29 pm

My wife's dependent visa was also refused in September 2008. Submitted appeal in October 2009 but no hearing date yet. Appeal is still in process.

I suggest you to contact Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (AIT) in UK, they can naswer your queries better.

I am also thinking to apply for her visitor visa but think it will make her dependent visa case worst. Being refused in dependent visa category, its in BHC records that dependent visa has been refused previously hence they will not approve visitor visa application. Their first ground of refusal will be that you should apply for dependent visa.

This is what I think but appreciate if senior members can give their advise.

Muzzy14

Post by Muzzy14 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:14 am

What was the stated reason that visa was refused?

lata

Post by lata » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:29 pm

Visa was refused on the grounds of insufficient funds. Infact, sufficients were there. I maintained funds in two banks(ICICI and CITI) and shown two bank statements as proof. I mentioned the same in covering letter clarly. But ECO mentioned in the notice of refusal that he considered ICICI bank statement. I dont know why he did not consider other bank statement. And other thing they mentioned in the refusal notice is : he has considered the rate of exchange as £1=Rs 84. But it was £1=Rs 79 on the day when I submitted the application . If he would have considered £1=Rs 79 my funds in ICICI bank itself were sufficient. It is my badluck :(

I appealed by mentioning about my CITI bank statement and provided addtional proof which shows that I maintained min of xxxx funs in CITI bank. which I got from citibank.
I think it may take 4 to 5 months from now to hear the dicision of appeal.

Can my husband apply for visiting visa now?

Appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,
Lata